How do I have everlasting life?

by soulfinder 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• soulfinder
    soulfinder

One thing I don't understand about the chemical imbalance thing is how a whole new person can be created in your mind. I have seen people with unclean sprits in them, and know of them being cast out. I think the doctors try to medicate a person to try to solve a problem they know very little about.

I do know a few things about the medications, having worked with the mentally handicaped, and I can tell you that they don't actually solve most of the problems. Drugs like halidol, and thorazine only sedate you, and are actually part tranquilizer. They cause shaking, achethesia, and drooling just to name a few things. If anyone is suffering from a mental illness I am here to provid some counsel. Please note that much of it will be from a believers perspective.

• soulfinder
    soulfinder

Frankie, in answer to your question, no I am not. My name is David Duncan, and I'm from Texas.

• kvalich
    kvalich

hey soulfinder, morocco brought up an interesting question that you didn't address :

... Remember, the bible says Satan is the God of this world, so by that logic he will be the majority that rules. So, by that logic, the belief in Jesus should be a minority for it to be a good thing. It also says the will be constantly turning himself into an angel of light, making himself seem good. By that logic, you might want to double check everything that appears like an “angel of light”. Jesus, Jehovah, the Bible... it could ALL be under his control...

if you really are a soldier of god shouldn't you have a firm understanding of scripture? no rebuttal?

• soulfinder
    soulfinder

I can tell you this, that even satan has to answer to God. Just read the book of Job.

As far as questioning whether or not I am a capable christian, I can tell you this, I may not have all the answers but I know who does.

Actually I'm kind of hurt at the way you approached me. I really don't mean to offend anyone, nor do I expect to be offended. I hope to get to know you, and perhaps we may even become friends. I don't just sit here all the time and talk about God, but it's kinda hard to shoot pool on the internet.

• kvalich
    kvalich

oh and you don't understand how a whole new person can be created in someones head.......well you've apparently created 2 new people in your head so you should have a pretty firm grasp of how that works.....

• Morocco
    Morocco

I'm not asking if you're a capable Christian, what I'm asking is how do you know that Christianity and what it is based on is not controlled by the Devil? And, no offense, but you DO have all the answers -- since you know the creatures that do. Ask God to solve my question for me and get back to me when He responds to you. By the way, foretell my future and you can brag to God that you personally saved a lost soul. If you can see the future, why aren't you out saving peoples' lives instead of shooting pool and chatting online?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello David.

Answer me this:

In spite of your belief in Jesus, and your apparent communications with him (about which I cannot, nor could not, quibble)...how do you explain away the simple and demonstrable proof that every single living thing on this planet has died, or (based on that precedence) will die?

No, I'm not talking about "the eye-witness accounts" of some otherwise unknown person some tens of centuries ago in some uncertain location being perhaps (and even the Bible recounts variable circumstances of such) observed as walking about in a body which seemed to (or not) resemble that of the original (yes, that very Jesus).

I'm talking about every person you've personally ever known. Every dog, every plant, every microbe that you can't know. THEY ALL DIE!! EVERY ONE OF THEM HAS.

• acadian
    acadian
    Soulfinder said:
    Actually I'm kind of hurt at the way you approached me. I really don't mean to offend anyone, nor do I expect to be offended. I hope to get to know you, and perhaps we may even become friends. I don't just sit here all the time and talk about God, but it's kinda hard to shoot pool on the internet.
    You have to realize what your dealing with here Soulfinder...
    1 Corinthians 3:14, "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."
    Welcome to the board! Acadian In and of Christ Sojourner upon the land in the Kingdom of Heaven
  • Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

And...I now have two reasons to want an ignore poster button. (I'm sure you do to) Thanks Acadian. Sanctimonius bastards. Yeah, it's the whiskey talking, but I've had a bad day and zero patience at the moment for the whole "Jeeeeheeesuuuuss" talks to me crap.

• acadian
    acadian
    Here's an interesting excerpt Soulfinder... Excerpt from the article " Heaven: a Future Hope or a Present Reality?" by Richard Anthony ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"In scripture, eternal life is defined as knowing Christ Jesus while in this physical body! Look at this definition of "life eternal":

John 17:3, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

You see, eternal life does not mean we become immortal (to live for ever and ever), it means to know God, and to know His Truth! In fact, the word "immortal" only appears once in the entire King James Bible! (1 Timothy 1:17). Only once!! Incredible, considering we hear the "immortal soul" preached all the time. The term "immortal soul" does not appear anywhere in scripture. The word "immortality" appears three times in scripture, and it is not in reference to any "soul," it is in reference to God, because only God has immortality, not us (1 Timothy 6:15-16).

1 John 5:11-12, "And this is the record, that God hath[passed tense] given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath[present tense] life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have[present tense] eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. "

1 John 3:14, "We know that we have passed [passed tense] from death unto [eternal] life, because we love the brethren..."

Listen to what Christ himself said:

John 5:24-25, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath[present tense] everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed [passed tense] from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is [present tense], when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live."

Now, You might ask, "But, doesn't the bible say the body must die in order to receive eternal life?" Well, yes, the body must die first. But, not our physical body!

Romans 8:10, "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness."

Dear reader, is Christ in you? Well, this verse says if Christ is in you, then your "body" is dead. What "body" is this verse talking about? Obviously not your physical body. By "body" is meant the "body of sin," the sinful part of our nature. In other words, our "old man," which is corrupt because of sinful deeds. And once we are "born again" and put on the "new man," then this is when we receive eternal life and when heaven comes to us." (end of excerpt)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peace
    Acadian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit