How do I have everlasting life?

by soulfinder 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• soulfinder
    soulfinder

Here is a scripture that explains just that.

John 5:39-40

39 “Y OU are searching the Scriptures, because YOU think that by means of them YOU will have everlasting life; and these are the very ones that bear witness about me.

40 And yet YOU do not want to come to me that YOU may have life.

Jesus clearly explains that it is not through the scriptures that we have everlasting life. It is only by going to Him.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Amen brother, as I read the Bible after leaving the witnesses it becomes very very very clear why other religions say we don't believe in Jesus, Jesus Christ is the key central figure in God's arrangement and plan to reconcile men, the GB, all the lit and BOE are not even mentioned and this taking disciples after themselves is a serious sin.

Christ is the answer and the key to life, no one or anything else. All the Witness out there lurking, do yourself a favor and read the Bible (try using several Bible translations and compare the witness Bible against them and the Greek Words) and see the message that isn't in the mags or lit anywhere.

John 8:32

abr

• return visitor
    return visitor

I couldn't agree more abr, although I couldn't have put it so succinctly either.

• soulfinder
    soulfinder

Yeah there is so much confusion out there. Nothing we can do ourselves will ever save us, it is only Jesus Himself who does.

I would also like to encourage everyone to spend time with Jesus. He loves you very much, and is here for you always.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Y OU are searching the Scriptures, because YOU think that by means of them YOU will have everlasting life; and these are the very ones that bear witness about me. 40 And yet YOU do not want to come to me that YOU may have life."

YOU are sadly mistaken. YOU are going to die, just like me. YOU are simply terrified of your ephemeral mortality. YOU are using religion as psychological anaesthesia.

Now some inspirational words from Trent Reznor: Bow down before the one YOU serve. YOU're going to get what YOU deserve........amen!

• soulfinder
    soulfinder

Actually, I know Jesus. I know it sounds weird, but He is a living person, with whom I have spoken. I know it's hard to believe, but if you ever talk to Him, ask Him to reveal Himself to you, and He probably will.

I used to think the same way. I listened to NIN also. Not only that, but Mudvayne, Slipknot, Sepultura, Manson, Korn.... yeah, a real metal head. If Jesus hadn't proved Himself to me, who knows what I'd be doing now. I just want to tell you that it is true, and if you ever want to know for certain, all you have to do is ask Jesus to show you.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

its a shame jesus doesnt exist then, isnt it?

• soulfinder
    soulfinder

Like I said, I know Jesus. Not in some far off wish you were there kinda way, or believe it and it might happen. I talk to Him, and He answers. I'm not the only one either. So I guess you have it this way, either there are a whole bunch of liars out there who preach against lying, or there may actually be a person who we all claim to know personally.

If someone were to tell me the Lord did not exist, it would be like them telling me that the one I'm married to didn't exist.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    So I guess you have it this way, either there are a whole bunch of liars out there who preach against lying, or there may actually be a person who we all claim to know personally.

there are plenty of people out there with different chemical balances in the brain. some may have the same levels as you, and so naturally if they have a christian background will believe the jesus talks to them. in countries where christianity isnt the main religion it will be some other godly figure or even ancestor. its not a question of lying its a question of how you perceive the experience.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Soulfinder, avidbiblereader, and return visitor, perhaps you can explain something to me.

If I am in peril, the average human being will come to my aid, perhaps even risking their life. Yet, you brag about a deity who requires payment of acceptance and faith before he acts. Thankfully, fire fighters are not so restrictive, conditional and morally inferior.

Please tell me, how am I -- without painfully placing my head somewhere -- to seriously and intelligently worship as "the most high and mighty", that which is less christ-like, than most people?

The true Source of an infinite universe can not be the limited, restrictive and narrow creature you and your "holy" bible make it out to be. That you choose a lesser god, so be it. Just don't think the rest of us are fools because we are not so inclined.

That said, that you desire to celebrate that which is greater than yourself, is a honorable thing. It is making God into some thing less than yourself, that is foolish. Just because millions blindly do, doesn't mean you have to.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit