Judicial Committee Preparation

by Marvin Shilmer 157 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Marvin, must you make a series of questions on everything?? I feel like I'm at a deposition or something. If I give you "direct answers", what will you do with the responses then?? Call me a liar? Say that I'm stupid? Cross examine me? I believe the "Pharisees" were lawyers. I don't have to cross examine anyone or vice versa. Been there, done that. Very JWish. Plus, not very endearing......btw, I think I've made your thread a lot more interesting than it would've been.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Humorously, Minimus writes:

“Marvin, must you make a series of questions on everything?? I feel like I'm at a deposition or something. If I give you "direct answers", what will you do with the responses then?? Call me a liar? Say that I'm stupid? Cross examine me? I believe the "Pharisees" were lawyers. I don't have to cross examine anyone or vice versa. Been there, done that. Very JWish. Plus, not very endearing......btw, I think I've made your thread a lot more interesting than it would've been.”

I do not make a series of questions on everything, a fact amply evidenced on this very thread of discussion.

The questions are designed to understand what you are trying to communicate by what you write on this forum, specifically on this thread of discussion. There is no need whatsoever for anyone here to answer any question asked, unless we/you want readers to actually understand what we/you are trying to say with what we/you write. On the other hand, when a prolific poster such as yourself declines to provide straightforward answers to straightforward questions directly relevant to an opinion/statement you offer, that too provides insight for understanding the veracity of opinions/statements readers are invited to consider, such as those you offer without bothering to answer forthcoming questions.

Were you to provide answers to the questions asked then, depending on how clear the responses, I would either share my view about what I understand you to be saying or else would see no need to reply and, accordingly, would not reply. This is called communication. You'll find the term in any reputable lexicon.

As for the level of interest in this discussion, it was never intended for entertainment value. It was intended for informational purposes, for those interested in the subject, which is as it should be.

The most JWish thing I can think of is to avoid answering relevant questions at all cost. This is something the WTS inculcates into as many JWs as they possibly can, and it does a pretty good job of it.

Marvin Shilmer

• minimus
    minimus

WOW! Marvin, you're so thought provoking it's mind boggling!! Thank you for highlighting key words for me. I can understand you better. Your post started with a series of questions. But of course, you don't ask questions like moi. So I can see how easy it is to forget what you intially asked....... Ummm, what's a lexicon? Is that a car or sumthin'? Don't flatter yourself. I don't think your questions are relevant (whatever that word means). I sure do hope that if anyone has to prepare for a judicial committee meeting, they Xerox your list of questions to ponder so that they will be able to get those pesky elders off of their back once and for all.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

HS writes:

“…to attempt to impress Marvin…”

The surest way to impress Marvin Shilmer is to present sound argumentation. (1) The presenter can be the most inconsiderate and ruthless schmuck in society, but if he presents sound argumentation then he has impressed me sufficiently to have my interest for purposes of gaining education on whatever the subject.

It baffles my mind wondering why so many individuals are so emotionally needy they must feel they are being treated with kid gloves in order to communicate. Why are people so sensitive about learning and sharing? Adults should be able to say what’s on their mind without whining, and still share a pot of good coffee.

Marvin Shilmer

1. sound argumentation: reckoning that conforms to known and proven forms of logic

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Minimus,

One can only wonder why you bother to peck at your keyboard as prolifically as you do, yet fail to actually provide answers to actual questions asked, let alone to otherwise communicate.

Marvin Shilmer, who prefers to be understood

• lawrence
    lawrence

Marvin-

What are you talking about? On page 1 of this issue I gave suggestions, they adequately address JC meetings. The rest of the posts, your banter, and your supporters posts are a smile. The WTS are above God, above government, above the stink in their shorts. A JW at a JC has no recourse unless they're willing to utilize weapons. In short, go fly a kite in Brooklyn Heights.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Lawrence,

I am glad you have an opinion, and I am glad you have a place like this to share your opinion.

Now, when you have something meaningful to add to the discussion you and I will have something to talk about. I have devoted a large amount of personal time addressing this issue, which is more important to some than others. I have no dog in this particular fight because I have no need to submit to or even observe a judicial committee discuss my life. My remarks have been purely in behalf of others who, for their own reasons, want or need to appear before a judicial committee. You appear not to value this contribution of my time in behalf of others; hence your ridicule. I neither understand nor need to understand this on your part, but it is my observation nevertheless. So be it. Readers can make of this what they will, which is as it should be.

The living can choose how they live, but how they live tends to follow them around, and it affects the extent others want to share themselves, and volunteer their time accordingly. Of all people, you should know this.

What am I talking about? I am talking about beating the WTS at their own game. This has, apparently, when far above your head.

Marvin Shilmer, who writes this under the influence of Chet Atkins

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Marvin,

Don't flatter yourself. I don't think your questions are relevant (whatever that word means).

That someone who has made his dubious reputation on this Board by asking hundreds of questions as his main posting style yet refuses to answer questions posed to him, is yet another irony.

Minimus accused me of bullying him by asking questions of him. Are we to assume that he has been bullying this Board for four years?....lol Or perhaps the JC's he had to attend, one every couple of months for twenty years it seems, have fried his cerebrum.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit