Judicial Committee Preparation

by Marvin Shilmer 157 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Lawrence, Thank you for your comment. I do understand that what I have said might seem far fetched. But what I say is truth. And you're right. I have nothing to prove to "these jerks".

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hello, Lawrence

You write:

“Why answer to these jerks? You did the time. You did the activities. You feel crummy about it all. And moreso, these bastards are questioning your word, integrity, activities. You fools, go back to the borg, you left your comfort zone with the other mean Pharisees.”

Do you consider it nasty to question claims that far exceed a wide range of related experiences? Even Minimus acknowledges his experiences come across as farfetched.

Do you consider someone a jerk because they question inexplicable claims?

Do you find it unseemly that a person should publicly question enigmatic claims that are made just as publicly?

Do you consider that a comfort zone should amount to full grown adults interchanging with Pollyanna naivety?

The WTS teaches its adherents to believe what it says because it says it is so. Do you think this is a positive attribute that one should transfer to his or her analysis of claims made by individuals? If not, then do you think it nasty for an individual to require personal claims made publicly be substantiated with more than a word?

Marvin Shilmer

“If we have love for Jehovah and for the organization of his people we shall not be suspicious, but shall, as the Bible says, `believe all things,' all the things that The Watchtower brings out, inasmuch as it has been faithful in giving us a knowledge of God's purposes and guiding us in the way of peace, safety and truth from its inception to this present day.”—Qualified to be Ministers, 1955: 156

• minimus
    minimus

Marvin, perhaps the fact that a few on this thread have been "jerks", in the perspective of some, including Lawrence, says it all. All one has to consider is the tone on the posts to see where the"jerks" comment has come from. And just because someone questions you (or me), it's not necessarily a bad thing. But, if you or anyone else still think I'm a liar, then who cares? I don't. I might think some people are real dicks. I can think whatever I want. So can you, Marv.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Lawrence,

Why answer to these jerks? You did the time. You did the activities. You feel crummy about it all. And moreso, these bastards are questioning your word, integrity, activities. You fools, go back to the borg, you left your comfort zone with the other mean Pharisees.

As some of your more volatile comments have in the past, by self admission, been as a result of not taking your daily medication, I will not not bother responding to the sentiments of your comment.

Minimus,

Marvin, perhaps the fact that a few on this thread have been "jerks", in the perspective of some, including Lawrence, says it all.

Calling me a 'jerk' in the hope that people do not work out your obvious exaggeration may cut it in your neck of the woods. Marvin is being kind, I think you are lying. Let's just end it here shall we?

HS

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Minimus

I don't know the facts of your life, so how can I judge you.

hence I apologise for my unkind words

Sorry Mate

JWF

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    And just because someone questions you (or me), it's not necessarily a bad thing. But, if you or anyone else still think I'm a liar, then who cares?

Min, they are free to ask questions, just as you are equally free to decline from answering. No one here is your boss, you are accountable to no one. I personally have no time for obvious blowhards who are in love with the sound of their own voices; that includes people who type multitudes of pages and still say very little of substance. Those who talk the most often know the least. They are the ones I trust the least on these boards. They're trying too hard to prove something.

W

• minimus
    minimus

Thank you JWF. Hillary, since you think I'm a liar, I won't bother with you . Lawrence, yeah, it must be the medication. Your words ring loud and clear.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hello, Minimus

You write:

“Marvin, perhaps the fact that a few on this thread have been "jerks", in the perspective of some, including Lawrence, says it all. All one has to consider is the tone on the posts to see where the "jerks" comment has come from. And just because someone questions you (or me), it's not necessarily a bad thing. But, if you or anyone else still think I'm a liar, then who cares? I don't. I might think some people are real dicks. I can think whatever I want. So can you, Marv.

I fail to understand what you mean with that response. Experience demonstrates that at all times we will find a “few” individuals who will think each of us are jerks—so what is your point? This experience would lead us to conclude that everyone is a jerk, which would render the phrase meaningless given that it the usage is to differentiate disposition. So how is it that you feel the perspective of a few “says it all”? Honestly, I fail to see any soundness whatsoever in such a premise, which leads me to wonder aloud why you bother to put it under pen.

I will ask of you the same questions I asked of Lawrence, and I hope you will respond with some direct answers.

Do you consider it nasty to question claims that far exceed a wide range of related experiences?

Do you consider someone a jerk because they question inexplicable claims?

Do you find it unseemly that a person should publicly question enigmatic claims that are made just as publicly?

Do you consider that a comfort zone should amount to full grown adults interchanging with Pollyanna naivety?

The WTS teaches its adherents to believe what it says because it says it is so. Do you think this is a positive attribute that one should transfer to his or her analysis of claims made by individuals? If not, then do you think it nasty for an individual to require that personal claims made publicly be substantiated with more than a word?

Marvin Shilmer

“If we have love for Jehovah and for the organization of his people we shall not be suspicious, but shall, as the Bible says, `believe all things,' all the things that The Watchtower brings out, inasmuch as it has been faithful in giving us a knowledge of God's purposes and guiding us in the way of peace, safety and truth from its inception to this present day.”—Qualified to be Ministers, 1955: 156

• lawrence
    lawrence

Minimus-

Never met you, have corresponded - every word you have exchanged was truth...

Hilary Step - No medications... have a great day!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

FinallyFree,

Min, they are free to ask questions, just as you are equally free to decline from answering. No one here is your boss, you are accountable to no one. I personally have no time for obvious blowhards who are in love with the sound of their own voices; that includes people who type multitudes of pages and still say very little of substance. Those who talk the most often know the least. They are the ones I trust the least on these boards. They're trying too hard to prove something.

It is always amusing just how posts on this Board so quickly become ironic. Your post above is full of the very rhetoric that you claim to despise in others.

Another irony is how Minimus pulled a fantastic figure from the air to attempt to impress Marvin, the very person he sneered at for being a 'board intellectual'...lol

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit