What Do People Hate Most About JWs???

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think most "worldly" people consider JWs a nusiance---especially on a Saturday morning! They HATE being bothered by peddlers at their door. Some people can't stand the Witnesses' smugness and self righteous attitude. There are lots of reasons people strongly dislike Jehovah's Witnesses. Can you think of some reasons????

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Beyond the nuisance factor - I find it's the arrogance, prejudice, hypocrisy and patronization. sammieswife.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I used to REALLY hate J.W.'s and I really didn't know why. They never did or said anything bad to me. When I was studying, the brother who studied with me said it was the satanic influence in my life that caused it.

Warlock

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They don`t shut up...Blah Bla bla..Look at me I`m a Jehovah`s Witness..Wouldn`t you like to be me..I`m gonna live forever,pet lions and talk to blueberrys..Everybody thinks I`m nuts till I get to a Kingdom Hall..Everybody there is just like me..They don`t think I`m nuts..Would you like to be like me..We can have a bible study,actually we don`t study the bible,we study books about the bible..Do you think I`m nuts?..I`m not nuts..Jehovah`s Witness`s are the smartest people on the planet..We`re also happy!..Really,really,happy!..Jehovah`s Witness`s are the happyiest people in the world..Would you like to be like me..If you don`t,god`s gonna kill you..Who`s nuts now eh?..Bla bla bla...Crazy Eyes..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Funny you'd bring this up. I was talking to a never-been-a-JW friend of mine this weekend. She got one of the hit-n-run tract handoff's Saturday. She couldn't have been less impressed:

The guy was a handicapped man, and there was a car full of people with him. He got out alone. In her mind, it seemed cold to send this guy out alone when there was a car full of people that could come with him.

He handed her the tract and took off. No discussion. Her impression was that she wasn't worth saving, so he didn't bother. :-) I tried to explain that it's an "urgent work", but she wasn't buying it.

She didn't read the tract at all, just pitched it after he left.

"Where is your sting, o' scorpion?"

Dave

• fokyc
    fokyc

The Lies, Lies and more Lies, they never stop LYING

and I've had it for nearly 55 years!!!

fokyc

• minimus
    minimus

What I now hate is that they're so controlling to friends and family and people are duped by their mind dumbing life.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

They take up every seat at the donut shop between 10:30 and 11:00 on Saturdays.

bczar

• juni
    juni

My opinion is that they hate being bothered at the door or elsewhere again and again.

Also, their self righteous attitude and we're the only ones who are right.

Juni

• Backed away
    Backed away

Closed minded, short fused and defensive especially if you were raised in the truth or as I like to refer to it "raised by wolves". anyone who has left and still has family knows what I mean.

For those who have never been a witness, they litter small businesses, phone booths, laundrymats with tract's, old magazines so others will have to pick them up and do with them what each witness should do, throw them away. this literature is good for nothing besides lining bird cages, no wait that cruelty to animals! they are no different than people who leave their trays at fast food joints when a trash can is near by.

Garbage has it's place

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit