I was baptised tonight!

by ness21 30 Replies latest jw friends

• lawrence
    lawrence

Congratulations! "He who believes in me, shall never see death." Born again, amen!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Congrats

What's especuially nice is to see the warmth of folks from a variety of beliefs and no belief at all, able to enjoy something special in someone else's life. You guys rock!

Abandoned:Have you tried simply walking into a church service to see what it's like? No participating, just observing then leaving? It's amazing how liberating it can be. Baby steps...

• delilah
    delilah

Congratulations

• daystar
    daystar

A good step to take, as far as I'm concerned, in further breaking free from the WBTS.

Make sure you never stop moving forward.

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

That's great news......I'm glad you found a church that you like. Sorry if this offends anyone, but why are some on the forum glad when someone joins a church? If the poster had been baptised a JW, would the above had been written? Religion is soma. They are all identical. Escapism at it's worse.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Wow...and all this joy without having to answer 385 questions to see if you are properly inculcated first LOLOL!!

What is WRONG with you being so HAPPY????

congrats!!

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

Re-reading that I realise it sounds harsh...

The shit has hit the fan at my end regarding my slow fade...not in the best mood.

Sorry

• ness21
    ness21

thanks again guys, and no worries Jerohobobonadad, (sorry its blue, copied and pasted cos i wouldnt have got your name right from memory :)

• daystar
    daystar

jero

That's great news......I'm glad you found a church that you like. Sorry if this offends anyone, but why are some on the forum glad when someone joins a church? If the poster had been baptised a JW, would the above had been written? Religion is soma. They are all identical. Escapism at it's worse.

I know where you're coming from. I thought about mentioning something like this, but I figure that if a person has taken some sort of step away from the WBTS, it's better than none.

• ness21
    ness21

I spent over 20 years just trying to find some spiritual direction on my own, as I, like you, though that all churches were as bad as each other. But it is very hard to be inspired on your own, so I always felt the need to study with others, as I always believed. However I didnt think I would ever find anyone and was destined to be my own little religion! But I think it is important to study with others, and hey the church may have its faults like all of them, but i dont feel i am constantly being judged, i wasnt asked 365 questionsto get baptized, and when i had a talk with him, he said it was ok to be unsure about things (ie trinity, heaven when die) as none of us really know. I found taking communion amazing, as it makes me feel so much closer to Christ than I ever used to, and now I have been baptized it is as if the final barrier has been taken down. I dont feel like I am the seed that is thrown on the rocky path or thorn bush anymore :)

with love

vanessa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit