I was baptised tonight!

by ness21 30 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Congrats ness.................

Time to rejoice! In the not too distant future I am getting baptized myself.

HappyDad

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Congrats ness.

I sort of envy you. While I've made MUCH PROGRESS in the past four years, I still have a mental connection between church and evil. It isn't something I can deal with on an intellectual level as I know how brainwashed I was. The indoctrination process is EXTREMELY POWERFUL. What I do have now, is a sense of worth and the belief that I'm going to FULLY RECOVER from WATCHROIDS. ROFL!

• Carmel
    Carmel

by water ,,,or did you go all the way with fire as well?

carmel

• Honesty
    Honesty

Congratulations

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Oh wow! Congrats! I was baptised recently as well. Its truely a wonderful experience!

• ness21
    ness21

>>by water ,,,or did you go all the way with fire as well?

just water! I had a full immersion which i always wanted. actually it was ironic, one of the ladies in the congregation who is absolutley a lovely lady said she was kind of wistful. she had been baptized as a baby but wanted to have had a full immersion as an adult like Jesus so it was her own action. The vicar arranged it in 2 weeks, they really are a lovely congregation.

Forum Homepage | Active Topics | Member Directory

thanks for all of your wishes, and congrats too renee! abandoned, i am 37 now so it has taken me over 20 years to get this point, still think armageddon is coming when i hear thunder! keep persevering, it really isnt "false religion", i think maybe the witnesses are the ones with that as they dont take communion. it really is the most moving experience to accept the body and blood of Christ through the bread and wine. I feel so much closer to Him.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Are you saying you got baptized in another Christian religion, or as a Witness?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Congratulations!

• ness21
    ness21

thanks again all, free2beme i was brought up jw but last night baptized by church of england vicar :) and guess what, he didnt have horns coming out from the side of his head!

• dawgfan
    dawgfan

Congrats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit