The Divine Error of the Ages. Russell Chart update.

by Wasanelder Once 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kudra
    Kudra

I think Steam is a Russellite!

This is exciting!

-K

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hey everyone,

Steam is a Bible Student and fierce supporter of Russell. We bumped heads a couple of years ago on a bible student forum. He joined JWD the other day because one of his friends on this forum felt that "little ole me" was picking on him and beating him up too badly on a thread I started about the date 1874. He needed steams help I guess for the light of the bible I hit him with between the eyes hurt too much!

As many here who know me, know that I am usually very polite with others but these two came here to just tell us how wrong we are and how they have the only truth, as per Russell and I was not going to allow them to tell me I am not a Christian anymore or tell others that. We all had enough of that in the Tower.

Steam - we all get it. You feel you have the only truth. Just like the JW's. That is your right to believe it. But if you think that coming here and telling all these nice people they don't have truth, are not true Christians or that they are somehow not as superior to you and the BS because they do not worship a man - is going to be a message we will tolerate, you had better think again. And go back to your BS forum where you can live in la, la Russell land for the rest of your days.

Enough said, Lilly

BTW: BS is a fitting abbrevation, don't you think?

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

Steam

If you want to worship Mr. Miracle Wheat, than more power to you....

With all due respect, I cannot nor could I ever reconcile other people claiming with absolute certainty to know "the truth" on one hand and then adding the "he is not infallible" clause. I read Russels interpretation line for line about Revelation in his own words. That was enough to convince me that his greatest attribute was a vivid imagination. I think most 12 year olds given the same assignment could do a better job.

• Kudra
    Kudra

haha. Yeah, the first time I read BS convention in this thread I was, like, "...what?"

:P

• Kudra
    Kudra

Steam, when you measure things do you use english inches

...or Pyramid Inches?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks for the advice. I rather suspect that any books by CT Russell would be far more worthwhile than the current publications of the watchtower society. His ideas were radically differrent to theirs, which of course had their foundation from when Rutherford hijacked the society after CTR's death.

However, since my exit from the lie, I have not been tempted to investigate any other beliefs, nor do I intend to in the future. I no longer believe that there is any "truth" in a spiritual sense, and would put myself quite firmly in the atheist camp these days. Apart from that,it doesn't make sense to me that if god wanted to send a message to mankind via the bible, that he would make it so difficult to interpret that we wouldn't be able to understand it without help from another source. If the scriptures are indeed inspired by god, then surely their message should be clear and understandable to everyone who chooses to read them. They shouldn't need to refer to books written at the beginning of the last century to know what god intends them to know.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I should like to say that my reworked chart was simply bait to engage the Rusellites in thier silly fantasies. I knew they would come out of the woodwork again when they saw the words Russell and Chart on a thread. I really admit that it is unimaginable anyone would follow such flawed theology as the whole 1874 hoodeedoo. I wonder if we can raise a few Millerites with a Miller thread? Wait, we already did on this one!

Hey, believe what you will. I don't care if Steam is released or not.

W.Once

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

BTW Steam,

I am still awaiting the 45 chronological points that Russell proved pointing to the date 1874. Won't you please go back to that thread where you hit and ran the other day and give us the proof we are awaiting? Because we would all like to go back to the truth of the good news of jesus Russell that you guys preach. So please enlighten us with your vast spiritual knowlege. Lilly

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

BTW: BS is a fitting abbrevation, don't you think?

Amen to that, lilly.

• Steam
    Steam

You claim CTR was the "faithful and wise servant", let's see proof

OK Doubt I'll try but as he said; There are some people who you cannot prove anything to.

Russell gathered truths together and coordinated them to fit prophecy and scriptures. He was learning as he lived, so he had to correct his errors along the way. But he had the basics when he began to publish. He wrote on topics, in his books.

The first was: "Earth's Night of Sin to terminate in a Morning of Joy. He made comments and used scriptures to support what he said. He brought harmony from the Bible and shows a progression of events in the Plan of Salvation. The material he wrote is fascinating, it makes understanding of the Bible plain and enticing to interested parties. He handled many doctrines and explained many errors and false doctrines. He brought truth from the mess Christendom has made of the Bible.

He gave the chronology to show where we are on the stream of time and to pinpoint prohecy being fulfilled. He did make on error, he thought 1914 would wind it up. But before 1914 about 1904 I think; he began to doubt and tried to correct that date's interpretation. He brought out the info a Christian needs at the appropriate time.

Since his death many truths have been cahnged.

He was a wealthy young man, he had lost faith in the Bible. But he was interested in knowing what the truth might be. He had a powerful recall of memory. In the early 1870's he learned many things pertaining to the Bible in his study with a few BS. He was baptized in 1874. Wrote articles for Storr's paper in 1876 and on. Wrote a booklet about Our Lords Return. Then he learned about Barbour's knowledge and decided to give his "ALL" to God and spread the word about Jesus's return to earth in 1874. You probably know of his work thru the rest of his lifetime.

There is no one else who has provided this great amount of truth that is clear and harmonious.

He was born and lived at the specific time needed 1852-1916 to be the one who Jesus mentioned.

Wher did you get The Truth about Hell, from? I got it from Russell's writings.

Where did you learn that , The Earth abideth Forever? Once again I got it from Russell.

Where did you hear of the 144,000? Russell.

Where did you learn of the Great Multitude? Russell again.

Go on and on and realize everything from the Bible that is Present Truth came from the pen of Russell.

Who spent his money ( a fortune) to publish the Truth? Russell.

Who instructed the others what to do ? Russell.

Aho traveled hundreds of thousands of miles and wrote a huge correspondence? Russell.

The man fed the household of faith, "meat in due season".

Why don't you read his books?

Christian Love, Bob Jones Psalm 50:5.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit