Hypothetical ? for u. What if armageddon really did come...

by *jeremiah* 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

First time poster here. I've been reading for a couple months and disasociated since 2001 or so.

Anyway, this is one of the biggest issues for me. My understanding from studying with the WT is that Armageddon's going to come to catch everyone by surprise. This has always bothered me. Rather than appreciate any love and loyalty shown he is lying in wait to catch as many as he can. Rather than read the heart and know who loves him, the WT teaches that god is going to use armageddon to both lock up satan and trap those who only are pretending to love him.

I have a hard time drawing close to someone who is still deciding if he's going to destroy me. I have a hard time dedicating my life to someone who would let me fall away due to being mislead as opposed to willfully wanting to fall away. According to the WT, I can serve god my whole life, with a heart filled with love and appreciation and still fall short because I was mislead. I can't tell you how much I hate the god that the WT introduced me to and how messed up my life STILL IS due to having wasted many yearst THINKING I WAS SERVING HIM.

Tom

• jimbo
    jimbo

Abandoned!!!

Welcome to the board. I share your sentiments about JWism. I spent many years wrestling with similar thoughts.

Keep reading and posting and you will feel a great freedom from the fear that watchtower popaganda counts on instilling in the rank and file JW.

Study the history if the organization, and other posters experiences. They have no control if there is no fear.

Keep learning Tom!!!

jimbo (also of the abandoned class)

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thanks Jimbo. I appreciate the encouragement. I feel so abused it makes me ill a lot of the time. Not many people realize as I am very good at maintaining a smile, but that was a form of survival I guess.

I just read something else that has always bothered me...

Steam made the following comment: "God's Justice demands that a sinner must die." If god is so just, why did he involve all the rest of us in his little petty fight with Satan? When I have a problem with someone, I don't surreptitiously involve all of my friends and acquaintances, and make cause them to suffer.

• bubble
    bubble

If armageddon really did come I would be happy to die. I wouldn't want to be any part of a new world governed by such an unloving god.

In my book, anyone prepared to slaughter billions of innocent people must be pure evil.

Having said that, there is no way it's ever gonna happen.

• winnie
    winnie

I have 5 young children, and if he is going to kill them based on my beliefs (or lack of), then the last place I want to be is in a 'new world' ruled by him!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit