Hypothetical ? for u. What if armageddon really did come...

by *jeremiah* 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Ok, here's a hypothetical that I'm curious about.

What if armageddon really did happen? Not necessarily according to JW terms or timetable, but at some point it happens in your lifetime. Would any of you return to the JWs?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would be screwed

• daystar
    daystar

This gets asked here all the time.

No. Just because some worldwide cataclysm came about does not make the JWs suddenly have "The Truth".

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What if armageddon really did happen? Not necessarily according to JW terms or timetable, but at some point it happens in your lifetime. Would any of you return to the JWs?

No. If Jehovah felt the need to "vindicate his name" the JWs are probably the first people on his hit list.

W

• TopHat
    TopHat

WHY would I want to return to JW's? Hypothetically if Armageddon were to come, what will it have to with JW's? Many religions are preaching of "the soon to come Armageddon". However, I would think it would be Jesus and our Father we should turn to if such an event takes place.

• ballistic
    ballistic

To me, this is like asking, "what if the whole planet suddenly explodes???", there's no basis for thinking that it will, and sod all you can do about it if it does.

• freyd
    freyd

Jesus died as a ransom for all. All will be resurrected. No need to belong to a religion, especially one that broke from the truth. Bibletoday.com.

No! If and when it does come noboby will know about it before hand. It would be pointless to return if you believe the Bible. It says no one knows the day or the hour, so why would you return some group who says they know what the Bible says they won't know.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Sorry, if this is over-done.

....but, yes, I agree with u Daystar.

Personally, I would not go back. I have different beliefs now.

Yet, I know that there are many on here that disagree with 95% of the dubs belief. But if the apocalypse was obvious to many and truly in motion, not just a one-time disaster, just wondering who might go back.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I still believed some of the WTS teachings when I left; even though I had some doubts but at the same time I didn't care if a god destroyed me for not staying in that religion.

So if amageddon came, it would just have to come; I dont care anymore.

LRG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit