Finding Love with a Former Jehovah's Witness

by The wanderer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I'd be more inclined to seek out an atheist than an ex-JW.

I would as well.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I never thought about dating an x-jw when I was single. Oh wait...I didn't know any x-jw's when I was single. I thought I was the only one. But now if I was single it wouldn't be a deciding factor.

lisa

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

Hello all

1) I would consider going out with anyone suitable provided they were funny/ compatible etc. It would also depend on why they left and if there was a chance they might go back. If they left but still believed it, almost certainly not. If they were really bitter and held a grudge, then almost certainly not as well.

2) I would not actively seek out an ex JW. I think it is unlikely I'll end up with one (mostly cos I'm seeing a never-was-a-JW cracker at the moment anyway!)

That's my view for what it's worth!

Jerohobo

• Butters
    Butters

Just like my answer to another thread...It mainly depends upon the amount of sexual favors I am going to receive... However, I currently have a girlfriend who can make neat sounds by putting her hand under her armpit and then clucking her arm like a chicken. To me, this very high valued skill is appreciated and is a wonderful addition to my home.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Yes and Maybe.

• esw1966
    esw1966

I am to be married to a 'worldly person' next September!

She helped me to see the wrong in jws without being preachy or negative about it. She just steered me in the right direction when I had questions or concerns.

Being with an ex jw might be hard, both experiencing the same doubts or questions at times. Whenever I get anxious about my kids, since they are still being raised by jw, she is able to help me out. I find a lot of strength from her.

I feel that she has better qualities than a jw because she is the most loving person I have ever known. If my ex ever left, I feel that her qualtities were dominated by what was best for her and I really wouldn't trust her because in her mind she could do anything she wanted. I wouldn't trust her, plus I don't think she ever knew how to really LOVE. She is very shallow. (the ex is very shallow!)

So, for me, it worked out great to be with someone who wasn't in it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

MISERY LOVES COMPANY

That said, many exJW would be happy with a mate who shares their common enemy. If I were looking, I would seriously consider this avenue. One drawback would be that their baggage is more deep-rooted than mine. If possible, I would hope to eventually totally forget the whole nightmare.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

On the other hand, you may be receiving an in-
    dividual with a lot of "baggage", or an individual
    who is considered "damaged goods."

Hello Mr. Wanderer, this is what I think. If you are 39 years old, whoever you date is going to have a lot of baggage and will be considered damaged goods. Unless she just woke from a coma she was in for 30 years, and then she would still be considered damaged goods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit