Today was the strangest day of my life

by Asheron 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Asheron
    Asheron

Warlock,

The finger of GOD has writ on a dirty mini van? Wasnt that predicted in Revelations somewhere?

Talk about a strange prophet...hmmm "The Ford Prophet" gets 1914 MPG 0-697 in 114 years.

Thanks for litening my day up. Im getting back to my normal self now.

• I quit!
    I quit!
    I was f%^&^%$g crushed and devastated and this helped me to leave the borg sooner than I would have.

You owe her one for this.

Interesting story. I'm sure it was a shock for her to see you after dreaming about you recently. I sometimes wonder about people I knew and haven't seen in over 20 years. Are they still dubs or have they moved on?

• I quit!
    I quit!
    I was f%^&^%$g crushed and devastated and this helped me to leave the borg sooner than I would have.

You owe her one for this.

Interesting story. I'm sure it was a shock for her to see you after dreaming about you recently. I sometimes wonder about people I knew and haven't seen in over 20 years. Are they still dubs or have they moved on?

• Warlock
    Warlock

Well, He wrote on some dirty, dusty, tablets once. At least you can wax a van.

Warlock

• whyizit
    whyizit

Maybe you have both thought of each other over the years, and it was God's way of letting you know that everything is okay. So, was she everything you remembered? Any butterflies? Or did you feel like, "Whew! Thank goodness I didn't go there!"?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Not god. The collective subconscious, ala carl jung (he called it the cllective unconscious).

S

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

So what are you saying, that there are no coincidences?

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I'd say you're a believer now,...whether you like it or not.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't know if there are no coincedences. But, the way it seems to work is a bit like everyone is unconsciously connected, or plugged into everyone else, sort of like the internet or the phone system. The difference is that the connections are always on, more or less. Through that communal connection, continuous negotiations are being done. There are no absolutes at that level; good stuff, bad stuff, it's all doable.

S

• Asheron
    Asheron

Whyizit wrote:

"Maybe you have both thought of each other over the years, and it was God's way of letting you know that everything is okay. So, was she everything you remembered? Any butterflies? Or did you feel like, "Whew! Thank goodness I didn't go there!"?

She was exactly as I remembered her. If anything she looked better. No butterflies but I was nervous as hell. I detected some pain in her but that was just an impression. She might of been having a bad day. I seem to be looking to reconnect with people from my past lately. Maybe its my way of finnally putting all the baggage down. Sorry for unloading on you all.

Tonight after all of this" The Heart of the Matter" by Don Henley came on the radio. Some of the lines struck a cord.

"There are people in your life whove come and gone
    They let you down you know they hurt your pride
    You better put it all behind you baby; life goes on
    You keep carryin that anger; itll eat you up inside, baby
    Ive been trying to get down
    To the heart of the matter
    But my will gets weak
    And my thought seem to scatter
    But I think its about forgiveness
    Forgiveness
    Even if, even if you dont love me
    Ive been tryin to get down