Today was the strangest day of my life

by Asheron 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Asheron
    Asheron

A little background....

I was a dub from age 7 to age 18 or so. My first love was a girl at a local hall. We will call her T. As a young witness in good standing I did everything by the book, group dates, little sister shaparone, stealing the occasional kiss and felling guilty about it. T was the love of my young life. So much in fact that I bought a ring and asked her to marry me when we were 18. She accepted the ring but would not wear it because her mother didnt like me. It appears that I wasnt "spiritual enough". After that things were never the same and it was at this time that I was begining to ask to many questions of the elders and got on thier shit list. My love decided to ditch me for a another guy her mother and the elders approved of.

I was f%^&^%$g crushed and devastated and this helped me to leave the borg sooner than I would have.

Flash forward 25 years.

During the preparations for my wedding last year my mother (still a dub) gave me T's brothers phone number, perhaps thinking I would invite him since we were friends years ago. I did not but I did call him and ask about his sister. He told me that she and her second husband had a resturant in the town I grew up in.

Today I had a little time and decided to stop in and say hello after 25 years. I sat and ordered a sandwich and asked the waitress to tell T that an old friend would like to say hello. She came out and was blown away. She left the borg some years after I did and has a son now. She was very busy and somewhat upset at the surprise (bad or good I cant say). We talked briefly and I left.

Here are the weird parts...

The first thing she said while tears filled her eyes was " I had a dream about you three days ago"

The second thing is several hours later while I was driving home there was a dirty mini van driving in front of me. Someone had written in the dirt with thier finger. It said "Jehovah and Jesus forgive us for what you and I did and he loves us"

I am a card carrying Agnostic Skeptic and this shook me so hard I cant breathe.

Asheron

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

OMG. Wow. That would shake me up too. I don't know really what to say besides that. I don't believe I've welcomed you to the forum, Asheron. Welcome.

Good Girl/Bad Girl

• sf
    sf

Wow. Very cosmic indeed.

sKally

• Warlock
    Warlock

Have you picked up anything at a garage sale within the last week or two?

Warlock

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    "Jehovah and Jesus forgive us for what you and I did and he loves us"

In the words of Daffy Duck... I'm having some pronoun trouble. There are too many pronouns and I don't understand what is being said and who is being referred to.

• Asheron
    Asheron

Good one Warlock....lmao....I know its just a very strange coincidence but dam....Im still a little shook up.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Thanks A. I thought I was the only one laughing.

Warlock

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Does T drive a dirty mini van?

Is it possible that message was directed at someone else?

I would put it on par with me meeting someone named Nathan and saying, "Gollll-eee, my name is Nathan too! How weird is that?"

• Asheron
    Asheron

Nathan,

I did pull up next to the Van. It wasnt T driving but that possibility did run through my mind being the Skeptic that I am. It wasnt the message itself that freaked me out. It was the combination of the two events that unsettled me.

I dont believe that the "message" was meant for me. It doesnt really even apply and it would only make sense if T did write it. Just a couple mind blowing (to me at least) coincedences.

Asheron

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I dont believe that the "message" was meant for me.

Come on, man. The message was JUST FOR YOU. Go back to the Org. or face eternal torment...............something like that.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit