how many of you have armed themselves?

by buffalosrfree 83 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    What type of gun would you recommend for personal protection?

The one in your hand. The one at home or in the other room is of no use whatsoever.

Any firearm is effective, it's the gun-platform (you) that is usually the weak link. Practice, practice practice. 500 rds. per week until your hands fully know the routine.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

I'm armed to the teeth. I love to hunt year-round and I guide hunts down in South Texas. I continue to take safety courses as I have the utmost respect for the power of a gun. I teach kids in a Youth Hunter Program.

Aussies and Brits, you may want to do a little more research on your violent crime rate since you decided to disarm your law-abiding citizens. You've proven that if guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns.

My favorite question to a gun-hating lib: if someone was beating you to death with a stick/rock/knife/steel pipe and I had a gun would you want me to shoot them to get them to stop, or would you just let them kill you?

Oh, yeah, one more... if there were no guns, as there before they were invented, would criminals use nothing? No, they'd use sticks or whatever to get the upper hand. Would you ban sticks too?

I've met Uncle Ted. I like him.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    jstalin, what happens when that home of yours gets broken into and you're not home? The guns get stolen and another 6 guns become available for sale on the black market...

Assuming that you dont lock the majority of them up or anything.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I've legged myself TOO!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    jstalin, what happens when that home of yours gets broken into and you're not home? The guns get stolen and another 6 guns become available for sale on the black market...

The fear of burglary ranks high on the continent.......

Maybe if they could protect themselves they wouldn't have to worry so much about people stealing their stuff...

• chuckie77
    chuckie77
    Assuming you dont lock the majority of them up or anything

Oh silly me, here I am thinking that a theif who breaks into a house would break into a gun cabinet... Of course, they would just look at the pretty safe and not touch it!

Sailor Ripley, let me do some research and get back to you. But just wondering when the last time you heard of someone dying at the hand of someone yeilding a stick was... In my job Ive been to quite a few shootings, never been to a sticking though.

• undercover
    undercover
    What type of gun would you recommend for personal protection?

I don't recommend any kind of gun for the vast majority of people. Don't take me for someone who wants to ban guns...I don't. I grew up with guns, I own guns. I believe in the right to bear arms. It's just that most people in our society today are not suited to carry a firearm. For those who do take the time and effort to be responsible gun owners and carriers, then I support the right for them to do so. I have owned various types of guns, from hand guns to rifles to shotguns, but currently I own just a couple of rifles for target practice. I do not feel the need to arm myself to protect myself. I've made it 40 some years without ever needing a firearm to protect me. I think I can make it another 40 more without that need.

If a person wants to own a gun for personal protection then that person must be prepared to take a human life without flinching if the need should arise.

If you are the kind of person who would hesitate one tenth of a second at pulling the trigger, then you shouldn't use a gun. If you can't pull the trigger and be prepared to kill in a moment's notice then that moment's hesitation will get you killed.

If you aren't willing to put in the time and practice of handling a gun properly, then you shouldn't use a gun.

If a homeowner feels the need to arm himself against a home invasion however, I recommend a shotgun. You don't have to aim, just point and shoot. You'll hit most everything in the direction that the barrel is pointed. But remember, you may destroy part of your home or it's furnishings as well, not to mention any loved ones who might be in the area. But If you have kids I wouldn't even consider having a loaded gun in the house.

• Phil
    Phil

I love guns and see the merits of "feeling safe". Lets face it, the only way that a gun is feeective is if you carry it on you all the time. Even at that you will have to get it out of your pocket before he gets his. When there is a home "attack' most if not all people with a gun are not prepared mentally and physically there is very little chance of doing anything at that split second. Remember the crook is always ready.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Under,

You don't even have to have a shotgun. You just need to yell "get the shotgun!!!".

I read an experience like that a long time ago. Some guy was breaking into a home and the daughter yelled "mom, get the shotgun!!!". The burgler turned around and went right back out the window.

Warlock

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ok, I got a question for all you cats who arm yourselves to the teeth. How fair is it to assume that someone like yourself will exemplify the complete stereotype of a paranoid survivalist? For instance, do you dress in fatigues for no good reason? Mutter about conspiracy theories, pinkos, liberals, illegals, etc.? Do you have tapes of the Kennedy Assassination, or posters of paramilitary groups?

Think Herman from The Simpsons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit