how many of you have armed themselves?

by buffalosrfree 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Forscher
    Forscher

Some years ago,
    My mother asked me to check out a Karate School which had been set up in our town because she was thinking of sending my baby brother there (he later trained in that school). It was a combat-oriented Okinawan style run by a 6th Dan master. That master put me through my paces out of curiosity when he found out I'd had some Martial arts training. He had nothing but praises for my teachers and told me that anytime I chose to enter his dojo wearing a black belt it wouldn't be questioned (I don't formally hold that ranking). So my boast in my previous post is not idle. My training was strickly combat-oriented, no sport training at all.
    It was quite an interesting experience going one on one and exchanging techniques with a 6th Dan.
    Forscher

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

For home defense the best thing you can do is buy a dog that barks and back it up with a shotgun, number four buck is the answer. So advise my police friends, who also say if they come past the dog don't even hesitate.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Somebody asked:

when the last time you heard of someone dying at the hand of someone yeilding a stick was...

While it wasn't a stick...

Donald O'Brien walked to a liqour store to buy a twelve pack as he had done countless times during the 20+ years he lived in his quiet, safe neighborhood. On his way home he was robbed by two young men for his twelve pack and money. The robbers then proceeded to beat him. He died the next day in the hospital. In reality he died 40 feet from his house as he never regained conciousness. The robbers said they used the 12 pack during the beating. When asked why they did it, one of the robbers said, "Because it was fun." Happened a few weeks ago in my town.

Sticks, stones, twelve packs...if someone wants to harm you anything handy will do.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

I really like guns... a lot. But that whole "saw by the bed" ain't a bad one either. I just may have to move my hard-spine, Mitre-Saw blade from the tool box to the bed side, or beside the seat of my truck for those pesky truck-jackers.

Don't read if you're anti-protection, which means a robber will be shot to death:
    By the way, for those of you who give a rat's patoot, I ran some tests while bird hunting in Argentina last year. At 18 paces, the distance from my bedroom to the front door, the #9, high-powder, bird shot works better than #4 Nitro Mag. They make the same 2" circumference hole but the bird shot, with it's 585 pellets vs. 135 (#4), really does some damage to the surrounding area or gut/chest if you will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit