What does the WBTS say about today? READ!!

by LDH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I think any disaster is latched upon by frantic Jehovah's Witnesses and other fanatics for that matter.

When you read about how people are immediately turning to prayer and to their churches for comfort it seems pretty clear that religion is safe and sound.

Also, anyone who thinks that events like today will move toward a UN-led international coalition of goverments is just plain batty.

On the other hand, todays events will certainly make the markets crumble tomorrow, my estimate is Dow down 600 to 1000. Oil will go through the roof, so will gold, making You Know and his gold cronies some money. We will probably enter an inflationary cycle. Airport security will be phenomenal for years to come, prepare for hour long security checks at airports. Poor George W. Bush didn't know what he was asking for. I truly think he thought being president was just gonna be fun, after all look how much fun Clinton had.

hugs

Joel

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Lisa:

Gurrrrrl - you so crazy! I am SURE the boys across the river from where I am sitting absolutely SHIT their collective pants this morning! It's good to laugh right now - haven't laughed all day 'til now!

Thanks!

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Speaking of flickering light on Armageddon, didn't we at one time
    believe that we were already in the great tribulation - that it began
    in 1914?

• Gopher
    Gopher

RunningMan,

That's correct. The great tribulation got moved to the very end, near Armageddon. Also the "judgment, dividing mankind into sheep and goats" also has been moved to the time of the great tribulation. So, not much (really) is happening right now, in reference to the time of the end.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• joelbear
    joelbear

the separating of sheep and goats occurs during the great tribulation?

I missed that one. did they change the words to "From House to House"

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    On the other hand, todays events will certainly make the markets crumble tomorrow, my estimate is Dow down 600 to 1000. Oil will go through the roof, so will gold, making You Know and his gold cronies some money.

YK will never make money - you cannot by continuously maintaining a short position...

• joelbear
    joelbear

You Know's web sites urged a long position in gold. I can only assume he followed their advice.

• LDH
    LDH

Michael you KNOW that gave those old geezers a start.

Really, I'm quite surprised they weren't prepared for the question. If I was at headquarters I would have a policy, as soon as something happened like that I would already have a statement prepared.

And I called like three hours after it happened. They seemed so shocked that I asked, I can't believe NO ONE ELSE called them?

Hey all you JW, isn't it good to know world headquarters is just as confused as you?

Lisa

• teejay
    teejay

i haven't been able to laugh all day. after reading this, i still can't.

• LDH
    LDH

When Ray Gwiazdowski was our Circuit Overseer, he gave a talk. Called something corny like 'How will we know when Armeggeddon has started?'

He opened this question up to the audience, and everyone gave their thoughts on it!

"When Babylon the Great turns on JWs" etc etc.

NO Ray boomed. "We will know when Armeggeddon starts because The Faithful and Discreet Slave will tell us when it's started!"

So I ask you, why is it when I called Society HQs the other day to ask if Armeggeddon had started, they had to put me on hold and 'check.'

And why was I referred to the Service Department, where the 'brother' who answered told me to 'obtain a Revelation book and read the last few chapters'. I would be able to figure it out for myself?

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit