What does the WBTS say about today? READ!!

by LDH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

I just called WBTS public information office. 718 560-5619.
    I had a hard time not busting out laughing.......

I asked them, "Is this Armeggedon?"

The girl who answered the phone laughed. and referred me to a brother in the service department.

The kingdumb melodies were on the hold music while I waited........

"Is this Armeggedon?"

"Where are you calling from?" (Since armeggedon is supposed to be worldwide, I'm surprised they need to know....maybe different versions?!?!)

"California"--me

"We don't think so. But we're not sure. We're waiting for false religion to turn on us. Are you asking because of what happened in Manhattan this morning?"

"YES. I am scared to death!"

"Our brothers worldwide deal with this kind of problem every day!"

"How am I supposed to know if it's Armaggeddon or not? Can I check back in a few hours?"

-------long pause. "sure."

Now how can Jehovah's own organization headquarters not know if Armeggedon has been triggered, ask yourself?

It's because NO MAN MADE religion (that's all of them) has a direct pipeline to God, no matter what they tell you.

Give them a call yourself if you don't beleive me.

I, for one, needed a good laugh.

Be prepared to give your state and area code. ha ha ha,

Lisa

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Lisa, you are one crazy girl!

Sadly, I believe you. Very funny.

Path

• conflicted
    conflicted

That is too funny.

God is supposed to come 'Like a theif in the night', and yet they have the audacity to make the decision one way or the other.

I have to give it to you though, you brought a smile to my face on this dreary day.

• Latte
    Latte

Lisa,

What a laugh! My JW friend who I met up with today, feels sure this IS the start of the big A. Well, I just kept quiet, and very, very sad.
    Thanks Lisa

Latte

• LDH
    LDH

Latte,

Tell her to call the WBTS and ask. They'll tell her to figure it out for herself.

The guy told me to "obtain an Armeggedon book and read a few of the chapters. From there I would EASILY be able to discern if these events are part of Armeggedon."

No shit.
    I'm still laughing.
    Lisa

• momoftwo
    momoftwo

Latte -

Doesn't your friend know that the Great Trib comes first? Or is it now because they've waited so long they're just going to skip over that? =)

momoftwo

• joelbear
    joelbear

I think the Watchtower Society's reply made sense. More sense than my dad's did to me this morning.

I thought the steps were

True Peace and Security declared
    Governments destroy false religion
    Governments turn on Jehovah's Witnesses
    Great Tribulation
    Armageddon

isn't that the sequence?

Joel

• momoftwo
    momoftwo

You're right Joelbear, but they also reserve the right to change anything, at anytime.

momoftwo

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Joel, I think you're correct about the sequence. Weren't we always taught, also, that no one would be able to deny that the destruction was from Jehovah (i.e. eyes rotting out of heads, etc.)

Are they saying that God was the co-pilot in these planes?

• Ustabee
    Ustabee

Just as Armageddon did not come on Dec 7, 1941, nor will it come on (appropriately) 9-11. We will never be the same, though... come what may. However, I would venture a guess that any foreign aid to an Arab country is going to get a long look... Especially since the U.S. Military is probably drawing a bead right this minute on any terrorist org currently carrying a weapon in opposition to the West.

The WTS is going to make all it can of this... but it will still be the same old BS....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit