July KM for USA: Get ready, here come the ex-Bethelites!

by sir82 36 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

Sorry sir82.

Yes, I have a comment. It's clearly a softening of the congregations for the influx of special pioneers that is about to occur. Even if you're in a congregation that doesn't get one assigned, chances are you'll know someone who does get one in their congregation or circuit.

The WTS can actually play this off as a "see how close we are to the end" scenario by reducing HQ staff and putting more focus on the ministry.

What will be enjoyable is when this influx of special pioneers fails to create the increase the average dub is looking for. I think the WTS knows there won't be any large increases due to this measure but is only concerned about covering over the HQ dismissals.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    special need. Some are now advanced in years and face poor health, or they confront other challenging circumstances.

That's right! Jehover's LOVING organization took these people when they were young and used up their best years.... now that they're old and have failing health, the organization is booting them out with nothing more than the shirts on their backs.

Yup... by their works you will know them.

• minimus
    minimus

These special pioneers will wreak havoc in the good old boy congregations. The elders will feel uncomfortable to have these "special" men in their midst. They will report back to Bethel if they see things aren't doing well enough in the local Hall. And of course, the locals will have to be generous monetarily, "for Jehovah". Many of these special pioneers will be pissed that they have to go to these places.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Methinks they will be sent in a "control elements" to problematic congregations, and reporting back to Brooklyn on what they find. Jaracz still needs spies in the congregations, something they may have lost partially due to the disbanding of the Bethel Elder arrangement. I would expect more similar moves in the days ahead.

Randy

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

"Special" Pioneers.... so much for not having titles.

• gumby
    gumby
    Methinks they will be sent in a "control elements" to problematic congregations, and reporting back to Brooklyn on what they find

Randy....wouldn't it be more in Watchtower style for these ones to report their findings to CO's who have been instucted to "quiz" them......then the CO would report the results to brooklyn? I don't know if these Bethelites would report directly to Brooklyn.

Gumby

• sir82
    sir82
    wouldn't it be more in Watchtower style for these ones to report their findings to CO's who have been instucted to "quiz" them......then the CO would report the results to brooklyn? I don't know if these Bethelites would report directly to Brooklyn.

Special pioneers already have direct regular communication with Bethel, at least in the form of their regular monthly stipend checks. I would not be surprised if they have to make regular, or even monthly, reports back to Bethel. I think that anybody who is paid by Bethel, no matter how small the amount, is going to have to be accountable to them for pretty near everything.

Of course, I have no idea for sure, there's only 200 of them in the US right now...odds of knowing one of them are about 5000 to 1!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    They have been willing to sacrifice material comforts in order to serve in places of special need. Some are now advanced in years and face poor health, or they confront other challenging circumstances.

"Other challenging circumstances"? Besides the poor health that comes with old age, what could these circumstances be? Lack of financial planning, perhaps? Trusting in Armageddon occurring before they would need retirement benefits, perhaps? Trusting that the publishing corporation that they helped to thrive would take care of them, perhaps?

I think sir and Mary nailed it - this KM article, in all its transparency, is shameless. The WTS should be ashamed! While Judah Ben Schroeder is educated at the expense of the WTB&TS, the sincere people who actually worked in the trenches are sent to the congos to be taken care of in their declining years.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    Show appreciation for their service as faithful Kingdom proclaimers.

Translation - give them money take care of them, because we wont.

If the money doesn't come to you, go to where the money is.

• TheListener
    TheListener

If the COs show any favoritism to these special pioneers or any ex-bethelites serving on the body of elders the local elders will become extremely jealous. Oh not at first, but give it a few months, perhaps a Circuit Assembly or Special Assembly Day or District Convention where these brothers begin getting all the good parts and become the department heads of all the powerful departments.

It will not take very much to create quite a stir in the congregations.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (others have too) - the WTS is in a no win situation on this. Give the ex-bethelites special treatment in any way and you risk upsetting the local congregations. Don't give them special treatment in any way and you risk upsetting the ex-bethelites.

Either way if the congregations are paying for the ex-bethelites in their midst they are going to be sending less to HQ for the bethelites out of their midst. Donations will drop further. Many might reason 'why, if they're sending people home they probably need less money to get things done. I'll use my money to help brother and sister xxx who are home from bethel now.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit