Doofus Prince dub. on AI

by ellderwho 27 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I love Prince, whether he's a dub or not! I thought his performance was great! That little guy can still move and shake! Those twins (his dancers) were beautiful! Weren't they?!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Orangefatcat - the Society actually NAMED Prince for his contributions? Got a link?

Have to agree with other posters. The Society so much discourages 'promoting' oneself in this 'System'......lol - a brother can't have a beard, but CAN wear makeup.....

What would the elders say if young 'brothers' started emulating Prince?

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    As well as blousey shirts and high heels.

Anybody see the Dave Chapells' skit he did on Prince? Very funny stuff. Its on Comedycentral.com.

• luna2
    luna2
    I'm sure that JWs are butt kissers when it comes to celebrity JWs

From what I've read and seen, this is absolutely the case. I also noticed that JWs in areas of the country where they see more celebs, are more protective of them and make more excuses for their non-dub behavior. So interesting that the WTS seems just as star struck. Although, as has been said, that probably has to do with money flowing into their coffers.

• tan
    tan

I remember all of the slack I rec'd because I adored M. Jackson many years ago. His lyrics weren't that of a JW. Were those girls pioneers...maybe they were special special pioneers.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

he`s a weirdo!!! use to love his music though!

looking_glass....crack me up!!!!

• LDH
    LDH
    Anybody see the Dave Chapells' skit he did on Prince? Very funny stuff. Its on Comedycentral.com.

That was some funny shit. I think it's true, if I remember.

• blondie
    blondie

NOT THE PRINCE OF PEACE

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Thanks Blondie.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

"A similar thing happened with George Benson when I was head waiter in bethel. He arrived in his limo with body guards. I had to arrange for him to sit at the left hand of the head table, which is the most prominent place to be aside from being the actual head. The famous get treated like they are famous, whilst the plebs all get to sit scattered amongst the working class."

I remember when George Benson visited a meeting at the Bethel Congregation at Roodekrans (South Africa) while I was serving there. One of the sisters was a radio presenter and he attended as her guest. He arrived with a half dozen HUGE body gaurds who "gaurded" the exits and entrances and sat on either side of him. It was ABSURD to say the least. And the excitement that there was a "celeb" in the crowd was pathetic. I remember a sister asking him if he found it difficult to juggle the "truth" and his career and he said not and in fact he was an elder... which I found HARD to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit