"Hemophiliacs are like vampires!"

by rebel8 34 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Rebel,

I am so sorry that you were treated badly and had horrible things said to you at the KH.

I have the opposite problem of you, basically my blood clots too much and I have to take daily medications and injections of heparin at times.

I know the crack pot advice I received at the hall. Ridiculous! Especially since I am not supposed to sit for long periods of time...

I am so glad you are free from the WTS. I am sorry that you had to endure any of their cracker jack medical advice.

Big hugs,

Chrystal

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

We had a hemophiliac guy in our congregation. The suffering that guy went through. The cold hearted treatment from the congregation. The way he was treated as marked because he was different and it was something to do with 'blood'. He got addicted to pain killers and ended up in a rehab centre. Which just made his situation worse. I considered him a friend but it was horrible to see him completely screwed over like that.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

rebel,

so sorry you were put thru that as a child. I had two young kids in the KH and I know how people can get involved in things that are none of their business. My daughter when in the third and fourth grades missed a lot of school because of illness and was really behind in math. Also, since she was raised in the JW faith, she suffered from some social anxiety and depression. She was actually diagnosed with anxiety as young as 10. (we have a strong pre-disposition to this in my side of the family) So in her fifth grade at school (she is in 7th now)I decided to home school her. Well, in our congregation this was frowned upon. Most of the members ass-u-me-d that I kept her out that year because of the flag salute or holidays, etc. mind you, they never asked me why I did this, not even the elders. And my son who was in third grade was still in regular school, so they should have known I must of had a good reason to do this. And my daughters problem became like local news in the hall. One day a very unbalanced "sister" dropped by my home and tried to ream me out for keeping my child out of school and began telling me that another brother, with a child my daughters age, said the persecution in school was good training for the kids and my daughter would benefit more from staying in regular school.....and that his daughter frequently came home crying because the kids made fun of her but he basically told her to pray about it and suck it up! Yes, that is exactly what she said.

Now, this was not the case at all with my child and I felt it was none of her business so I told her so and next she called me an unfit, unspiritual mother! In my own home. Well, she certainly got an earful after that, and I physically grabbed her arm and flung her out my door, which I slammed behind her. What nerve! And I told that "brother" who told her that, he should get his head checked if he thought a young child having difficulty in school should stay there and be a martyr for the faith.

This is only one example of the "quality" of advice I was given. Anyway, I got my daugher into therapy, left the religion, and she is doing much better today. In regular school with many friends and a straight A average.

If I was your mom, I would have taken you to the Dr. and told everyone in the kh to mind their own business.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    So scully,

You can dish it out but ya can't take it when your wrong !

The day that Scully is wrong is the day the sun rises in the west.

If she says it's so, believe it.

(((rebel8)))

Chris

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am not upset by jw’s comments. I think it’s important in a person’s transition away from the WTS (such as jw seems to be doing) to realize the teachings about medical professionals were false. Once that is accomplished, the rest of the teachings about science can erode.

Keep thinking, jw. You will get there. Right now the facts must feel overwhelming and you are doing what most of us do—using our defense mechanisms to avoid changing our beliefs. It is hard to accept that you've been duped.

I still say vitamin a treatment will help when the bleeding occurs. In addition to your current treatment.

It sounds as though no amount of facts is going to make you believe the truth. Why do you think that is?

As I said, I’ve tried it. It doesn’t work, and there is no logical reason why it would. If you don’t believe me, you should post a question on one of the forums at www.hemophilia.org You will get answers from a bunch of people who’ve lived with bleeding disorders for decades and who, like me, have been desperate to have tried pretty much any “cure”. They know from experience what works and what doesn’t.

Lovelylil, Wow, what a story! Cult members often have poor interpersonal boundaries.

Chrystal, I’m sending you a PM.

(( everyone ))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit