My conversation with Richie's Dad

by Victorian sky 45 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Just tell them your an exchange student!

Remember his dad is kind of in the middle of all of this probably getting a bit pissed! Like father like son as it were!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/111831/1.ashx

I'd hold off for right now on calling Richie...you can read my experience above.

luv, jojo

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

After having read the other thread, it may be best if I hold off as well. He may need at least a week.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Wild, that might work, maybe you should wait until tomorrow? I really think his parents took his phone. I was surprised by his dad's line of questioning though, he's not a JW right? I wonder if he knows that his wife may shun their son if Richie is df'ed? Let's just pray for him and send love his way.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Hmm, I wouldn't try calling today since his dad may answer again , but............seeing I am from the same area, my nuber will come up as local on his phone and I could say I met him when he still worked at Zaxbys?

That might work better than any other option mentioned. Since he turns 18 in less than a week and will be considered an adult in N.C. do you think we should make plans to get him some funds to get him started on a new life if the rents evict him? I only ask because it sounds like his dad is going to be in the middle of a loyalty battle with his wife and the WATCHTOWER on one side of the fence and Richie on the other side of it.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I know of a lot of cases where an unbelieving mate is supportive of the JW and raising the kids in the religion. I know of a sister that was DF'd a few years back and her husband was really upset with her. (It was over the U.N. issue!) He thinks she should go back...what' up with that??? It makes me wonder what the mate is up to that he wants the believing mates time spent on JW activities!!!

Swalker

• greendawn
    greendawn

Poor Richie now seems to be under tight control but they won't persuade him to go back to the JW ideology.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I only ask because it sounds like his dad is going to be in the middle of a loyalty battle with his wife and the WATCHTOWER on one side of the fence and Richie on the other side of it.

If he was really "THAT" loyal to the watchtower and his wife, I believe he'd be a card carrying "hovah" himself. I'll bet he's more pissed that all this was going on under his nose and he didn't know a thing about it. Frankly, I've been where he is right now, well not exactly because my kids weren't about the be df'd. But they were taking rebellious outlets stemming from their not wanting to be witnesses. In the end, I sided with my kids and told the wife to back off. That "Y" chromosome has it's privileges.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Honesty, Not sure about the money issue. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

If you all really think I should call I will. I just think we should give it a couple of days first. Maybe after his Birthday.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I'm sure I remember reading that when Richie turns 18 he inherits quite a lot of money? Isn't that the whole 'rich' thing? And the reason he was going to move out on his 18th birthday? Could be wrong, I'll go back and hunt through the topics!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit