My conversation with Richie's Dad

by Victorian sky 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Just a heads up, I called Richie and left a message, saying it was from V Sky and was calling to offer him any encouragment and support he needs. About an hour later, my phone rings, it's his number.

I answer 'Hi Richie!'. It's his dad, he say's 'Who is this?' Since I haven't spoken to Richie before, I give my first name.

The dad says 'Where do you know my son from?' Now at this point, I'm not sure if Richie is screening his own calls or if his cell's been confiscated. So I said, 'I'm a friend of his and I wanted to call to see how he's doing, is he there?'

Dad says, 'Richie says he doesn't know you and I want to know how you know my son? He's a minor.'

I said, 'I understand sir, and I'm just a friend.'

Dad says, 'A friend from where?'

I'm tongue tied by now so I said, 'If this isn't a good time, I'll call back again."

Dad says, 'It would be better if you don't."

Does anyone know what's going on? Is Richie okay? or is he on some kind of major lock down?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Holy Crap! He has been held hostage!!!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

uh-oh...

I just got his number...Should I hold off on calling him?

luv, jojo

• KW13
    KW13

since i'm around his age, should i ring and tell him i'm from his school?

• Scully
    Scully
    since i'm around his age, should i ring and tell him i'm from his school?

can you fake an American accent and block your phone number on caller ID?

• Scully
    Scully

I could call and say that I'm the Nurse from Planned Parenthood or the STD Clinic, but I think that would get him in way more trouble than he's already in.

• KW13
    KW13

i could try do an accent...maybe send a text first saying its 'hey its karl from school, i thought you were calling me tonight. its ok if you forgot or something. i will ring later' and if his dad does answer, i can probably do a fairly reasonable accent...

• KW13
    KW13

our caller id automatically blocks itself. could someone send number to me via PM.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

KW13, pm Elsewhere, he'll give you his number. Please let me know if you get through and if you do, please let Richie know that we're all thinking about him and wishing him well.

• KW13
    KW13

will do my best, here goes i suppose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit