Elders Burst Into My Friends Home Uninvited/ Warning to Vegas JW Ladies

by Saoirse 42 Replies latest jw friends

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

hahaha... I know this girl, she's wonderful. I adore her. Anyways... ran into her the other day and she told me this story and I was FLABBERGASTED. I would never have let any elders into my home but of course it's easy to bully your way past an elementary school age child. Seriously how rude.

It's things like this that make people want to take drastic measures to ensure their privacy, moving, changing phone numbers, etc. It's just ridiculous.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

((((((JustTickledPink))))

hahaha... I know this girl, she's wonderful. I adore her.

I agree, she's awesome. It's the JWs loss.

JTP is the one who first pointed this board out to me.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm sitting here shaking my head.

She told them she had company coming.

It would not surprise me one bit if they sat outside in a car to see who came and how long they stayed. If it was a man and he stayed for over a couple of hours the ex just might her his scriptural divorce

• JeffT
    JeffT

Don't know if she wants to raise this big a stink, but I think she should file a police complaint, and get restraining orders. The police WILL take this seriously, and if her ex and/or other witnesses start hanging out around her house they could be arrested for stalking.

When the police take the complaint they will want to know where to find the elders. She could tell them she's not sure of current addresses, but they can be found at the Kingdom Hall on Sunday morning. That would be worth watching!

• deeskis
    deeskis

i remember when i was in my teens helping my mother and her friend stake out her estranged husbands apartment to prove that his girlfriend stayed the night there. we took it in shifts all night two awake, one asleep. saw them going in, and both coming out the next morning.

we really believed we were doing the right thing to help her get a scriptural divorce. (it was also a bit of excitement for me!) (memo to old self: "get a life"...........oh yeah, i already did,........a long time ago!!)

I don't think that the elders would have barged in to get some evidence. they were only in the hall, what would that prove.......

i think they just get carried away thinking that they are going to help this spiritually sick sister...........

they do need to be taken down a peg or two

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I wonder if they'd been suprised if a bucket of eggs got dropped on their heads or a few water balloons?

• luna2
    luna2
    It would not surprise me one bit if they sat outside in a car to see who came and how long they stayed. If it was a man and he stayed for over a couple of hours the ex just might her his scriptural divorce

Good call...and it could be why they made a surprise raid on her house. I've known of elders who have called upon JW's they have suspicions about in the hopes of catching them doing something they could be reprimanded or df'd for.

In once case they came knocking at a single sister's door and her dumbass JW boyfriend answered the door in his underpants. Oops.

• Buhdee
    Buhdee

My suggestion is to have her tell her kid not open the door to anyone. Not a very smart thing to do....

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Ha! And my non-JW friends think I'm exxagerating when I call the elders the modern day Gestapo!

• metatron
    metatron

You need to come down hard on these rude jerks - and you've got little to lose by doing so.

Write a very brief letter to the Presiding Overseer - or entire body of elders - and send it by certified mail so they have to

sign for it. Complain loudly about rudeness and threaten that the police will be involved if it ever happens again. I have discovered

that sending a letter and having the recipient sign to receive it always gets a response.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit