Elders Burst Into My Friends Home Uninvited/ Warning to Vegas JW Ladies

by Saoirse 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I have a friend that hasn't been to a meeting in over a year. She recently got a divorce from her abusive JW spouse. He beat her up and tore down a door in front of several people.

Now this jerk, whose name is Mike and lives in Las Vegas (I don't live there), decides that he wants to date but he can't because he's not scriptually free to marry. So he has started stirring up a bunch of crap trying to get his ex-wife in trouble with the elders. He is also spreading rumors that I gave my friend apostate literature (not true) and has gotten me shunned by some family members. I hate this guy.

Last week, the elders came to the door while she was in the shower. Her young son answered the door. He told them she couldn't come to the door. They pushed past the boy and forced there way inside!!! They told him that it was urgent that they speak to her and told him to go get his mother.

My friend comes out of the shower, wrapped in a towel and peers over the balcony and sees two elders standing in her foyer. She told them this wasn't a good time, that she had company coming and to please leave. They said - "but it's urgent we speak to you." She said "too bad, I don't have time, please leave". So they left.

First of all, I can not believe these guys forced their way into her house like that, I would have called the cops. Is this normal procedure for elders?

Secondly, her number is listed, why didn't they just call and try to schedule an appointment with her?

Thirdly, she had Christmas decorations up - is that a disfellowshipping offense?

Warning to all Las Vegas JW women - Stay away from this guy. He is an abuser, is lousy in bed and has a very small penis. His ex once complained that it was ridiculous that they were only having sex once every 2 weeks, his response was "I'm not a machine". They were newlyweds! He also can't keep a job and will expect you to bring home the bacon. If you see him, run away. You have been warned.

• Dune
    Dune

lol, Elder police work gone bad

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

WOW!

I love that she didn't first find out what was so urgent. Apparently there was nothing in the world they might care about that she could consider "urgent". I love it, I feel the same way!

Thirdly, she had Christmas decorations up - is that a disfellowshipping offense?

Yep, that's what I was DF'd for. If it's her first "offense" and she swears to love baby Jesus forever more and not denigrate him by celebrating his birthday, they might let her off with a warning. (Seriously)

She doesn't sound like the kowtow-to-get-off-the-hook type, though! :-)

Dave

• sinis
    sinis

Damn, had that been me I guess the police would have shown up to two dead bodies as that constitutes home invasion. She may want to report it to the police as a home invasion. Tell them she was in fear of her life. Ask them what she can do to prevent this in the future.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I guess her and I will be disfellowshipped any day now. We all celebrated Christmas for the first time this year.

I put a tree up and everyone went berserk! I even caught a JW driving slowly past my house. I was labeled a "tool of Satan" and people I haven't spoken to years began shunning me. You would have thought I sacrificed a child to the devil!

The funny thing is, I haven't been to a meeting in over 12 years!!!! Not once have I been visited by an elder or any other JW in all that time. I thought I was in the clear.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

She won't report it to the police. She's still trying to stay on the good side of her JW relatives. She'll learn sooner or later.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

What a jerk. Even if he succeeds in getting her D/F'd for the christmas decorations, that doesn't fulfil the requirements to be scripturally free to marry.

Such a dunce.

• Scully
    Scully

Time for all the single ladies who are trying to fade to put large NO TRESPASSING signs on their doors.

Their behaviour was inexcusable. They have no right to enter someone's home - especially a woman's home - unless she grants them access. I don't think those Elders™ would like a criminal record that included charges of forced entry and attempted rape and/or uttering threats. Attempted rape?? you ask. Why yes... if two men broke into my home while I was in the shower, and was only able to put on a towel or robe to protect myself from their leering eyes... why would I assume they were there for any other reason?

• avishai
    avishai
    First of all, I can not believe these guys forced their way into her house like that, I would have called the cops. Is this normal procedure for elders?

Yep, sure is. I've had it happen and seen it happen more than once.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    Warning to all Las Vegas JW women - Stay away from this guy. He is an abuser, is lousy in bed and has a very small penis. His ex once complained that it was ridiculous that they were only having sex once every 2 weeks, his response was "I'm not a machine". They were newlyweds! He also can't keep a job and will expect you to bring home the bacon. If you see him, run away. You have been warned.

Dammmm, I glad this ain't me. As far as those two pencil neck geeks, if they ever tried that shite coming into my house they'd be fu--kin dead. Does a statement like that constitute a bad attitude?? Ohh Well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit