Journal of Church and State: WT NO-BLOOD EXPOSE'

by AndersonsInfo 328 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

(((Barbara)))

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

can someone summarise this for a dumbo (ie myself)

What does it mean? What are the implications? I've tried reading the article and its going over my head.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    But think of all the family members who are not JWs that lost family members due to the WTS policy. Think of all the non-JW family members fighting to have a blood transfusion administered to a JW family member.

The way I see it, there are a lot of "ambulance chasers" out there (sorry if that is offensive to anyone) a creative ad campaign will get the attention of those who are in that situation. How many ads do we see in one day for lawyers who want to advocate for children who were victims of lead poisoning, or for workers who contracted mesothelioma? This is no different.

• Kudra
    Kudra

yup-

I've been lurking for months... well, maybe 2 months.

Barbara's bringing us out of the woodwork. My newly found apostate-mind thinks this is all pretty cool!

So- is this THE big news..?

Kudra

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

IF the IRS regards these actions as illegal:

*The misrepresentation of secular facts;

*The misrepresentation of historians’ writings

Then would not the Watchtower corperation be in jeapordy of losing its TAX EXEMPT status?

Would not this breaking of the law constitute grounds for the dissolution of the corporation by the State's Attorney general?

Requirements for tax exempt status: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf page 5 states:

"The organization's purposes and activities may not be illegal or violate fundamental public policy"

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think my specialty is summarizing complex puzzles.

This article states that because the JW's misrepresent secular evidence, they are not protected by religious freedom. They can be sued over misrepresenting the risks of refusing a blood transfusion. This would be a great document to provide to emergency rooms, local hospitals, and social agencies who temporarily take custody of sick JW children to provide life-saving medical treatments.

Also, this opens the way for a class action suit from anyone who was harmed because of the misrepresented information on blood transfusions provided by the WTBTS.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Thanx JGNat! I understand it much better now.... Wow that is big news!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is AWSOME!!!!

This is seriously BIG. I wonder how long it will be before we see a class action lawsuit against the WTS!?!?!

• spider
    spider

This is Big news indeed. I am assuming though that this applies only within U.S. law and can't be applied in other countries. Is that correct?

• alamb
    alamb

Outstanding...

Indoctrination by deceptive literature! That's a can of worms there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit