THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bryan
    Bryan

If you go to your local tv news websites they always have a link to submit news stories. This is the first place I would go. Also, they normaly have a fax number, though you should submit a professional looking News Release, or it will just get tossed.

Your news papers will have the same set up.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Is it really gonna be THAT big?

The UN scandal was quite big really wasn't it? Watchtower riding the wild beast and all that proving itself, under its own theological doctrine, to be part of Babylon the Great herself. But yet the news only lasted one or two days and not many JWs even know about it even today. I'd be interested in something ubiquitous, so that all JWs will know about it when it hits.

The 607 problem didn't get enough attention. It wasn't really a news-worthy item: i mean, who cares about Jerusalems fall being in 586 rather than 607. The only people who care about that would be JWs who read anything on the fringes of what the WT tells them not to read. I'd be interested in something non-avoidable, so that JWs cannot fob it off or belittle the sources, nor avoid the ramifications.

Although serious, the child abuse thing doesn't cause a mass exodus, simply because they are individual experiences which cause a lack of faith anyway. In addition, the WT had an elaborate answer to refute this anyway. (I remember the sunday when the BBC Panorama Child Abuse program came on, we were warned at the meeting to expect persecution, and everyone was speculating what the program would be about. We still got warning though, and a good answert for anyone who asked us on the ministry.) I'd be interested in something sudden, and shocking, something that rips the heart and soul out of the organisation, and puts it in plain focus for what it really is. I'd be interested in something that even someone like defd couldn't ignore.

I can't think of anything (apart from a complete abandonment of the blood doctrine or of the 1914 doctrine) that would make the world look at JWs in such a bad light, or that would make JWs exit in droves. In fact, i don't think blood or 1914 would be much of an issue. The WT is very, very good at covering up scandals.

Hmm... an abandonment of the shunning policy could only make the WT stronger.

I'd like to know what could cause a mass exodus out of the org in this 21st centruy, when the WT are too timid to set another Armageddon date, or to make major changes to their present doctrine.

Most of all though, i'd like something that could free my parents or at the very least, give me a good enough reason to discontinue going to meetings.

dorayakii of the "perplexed but intrigued" class

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

just a side note on the 607 thang. I was watching jeopardy the other day and the answer was "this kingdom overran jeruselum in the 580s BCE and destroyed its temple."

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I'm sure someone has mentioned this earlier--so many posts here. I think it would be quite scandalous if the JWs found out that their beloved Organization has been using their donations for purposes they were not designated for. And, if there were documents to prove this all the better. Hmmm... what could that be?

• TopHat
    TopHat

I was reading in the Dec. 1st Watchtower today. I was shocked at what I read in the Armaggeden article...Anyone who does not listen to the GB at the WT org is a PEST that Jehovah will get rid of on that day.....A PEST? How Loving! Is it no wonder they are so hated by the householder.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

darth frosty, loved that!

Dorayakii,

If the entire Governing Body admitted to being gay, that they had all had blood transfusions and they confessed that they had lied about all JW doctrine - that might rip the heart and soul from the Witness organizaiton. But I doubt it. There would still be a few million brainless members who would just keep going on and excuse this as just the product of a few imperfect men who still had Jehovah's holy spirit operating on them and gave us direction straight from Jehovah.

The WTS will not collapse anytime soon. No matter what is revealed in Barbara's upcoming post - the WTS will not collapse. At least not very quickly. Don't expect that.

Just anticipate something that we can all use to further expose the WTS for what it is, and then use it accordingly. It's not going to be any great revelation from the new GB members. Do you really think they would have chosen anyone except the most non-thinking, company minded men?? Come on, any real free-thinker would have been disfellowshipped long before they would ever have been considered for the GB.

No - this will be for thinking people. And further evidence for anyone considering joining the JWs to just quickly and quietly walk away.

S4

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Although serious, the child abuse thing doesn't cause a mass exodus, simply because they are individual experiences which cause a lack of faith anyway.

I disagree; I have no personal experience with this, but this one sent me OUT the door. When I realized that the same men who made this criminal policy also wrote DOCTRINE, that was it for me. The level of moral bankruptcy it takes to keep this policy is breathtaking.

I am keeping my expectations low. If we can get one more serious thinker/poster/letter writer per state, that would be a very good thing.

P

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Do you really think they would have chosen anyone except the most non-thinking, company minded men?? Come on, any real free-thinker would have been disfellowshipped long before they would ever have been considered for the GB.

So if the GB are all a bunch of non thinkers...then who is "they" who gets to pick the GB members?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Pistoff,

"If we can get one more serious thinker/poster/letter writer per state, that would be a very good thing."

Damn right there. But we'll probably do way more than that. I'd love a partner here in Vermont. Come on, don't tell me there is no one up there in Burlington who isn't PO'ed at the WTS!? You've got half the the state's population, and really good Internet access...

This is a battle won in increments. And we are winning.

S4

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Most of all though, i'd like something that could free my parents or at the very least, give me a good enough reason to discontinue going to meetings.

Dorayakii,

ANY reason that is good enough for YOU......is good enough to keep you away from the ever-boring and same-old same-old meeting of wilted spiritual lettuce.

You don't need permission or any "news" to make you realize that the WTS are lying and deceptive frauds. Anything we may be hearing in the next few days is just frosting on the cake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit