THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

OK... joining the crowd of excited people... I am very interested in this! Maybe I can use it to help get some loved ones out of the borg!!

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

I know Odrade....I'm just poking fun. But maybe that was what "biffed" them. They controlled all the men...but didn't realize that women would / could have access to this info somehow. Wouldn't that be ironic....a woman who was overlooked for access yet "busts" all the men. Ha Ha....we can hope right?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

As Barbara has pointed out, women (herself being one) write and even correct magazine articles. My wife when I was an elder became privy to information others did not have - I know that is against official rules but that is the way it is

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and if a Bethel sister has been made pregnant by a member of the GB (provable by DNA) then I am damn sure she would know even before the GB member

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The eventual demise of the WTS began when JF Rutherford instituted the policy of telling the rank and file JW what to believe and do on almost every subject imaginable. Individual thinking and conscience has long been given barely token respect by the WTS. They told ys what to believe, and told us that not listening to them was the same as not listening to god, and they would disfellowship us for doubting that, cutting us off from many of the people, especially family members, that we most loved.

That has already happened to most of us here, and for one, I'm damn mad and seriously pissed off about that.

Starting with Rutherford, and continuing into the present day, JWs have been told how to look, what to read, watch, wear, listen to and think. It doesn't matter if the Bible has been specific on it or not. Witnesses have been told not to join the military (despite the first gentile anointed, according to the Bible at least, being in the Roman army!), not to vote, not to get vaccinated, not to have organ transplants, not to take blood transfusions, not to celebrate any holidays, not to go to college, and on and on and on. Now some of these things are not too critical, but some are matters of life and death, and many, like your level of education, will have a huge impact on your life. The WTS has gone to the highest courts of the land to fight for its own civil rights, and then denied those same civil rights of dissent and opinion and free thought to its own members - under the threat of eternal destruction in the future and extreme shunning in the present.

Wouldn't it be interesting if there were a way to make the WTS responsible for how it has affected the lives of individuals through what it has written and taught, and more specifically, what it has taught through lies and misinformation? Take a look at the "Creation" book, and the overwhelming evidence we have that the WTS completely pulled quotes out of context, made the quotes seem to say exactly the opposite of what they originally meant, in effect lied, in order to support a totally erroneous line of thinking. How many other times has the WTS knowingly done that on all sorts of topics? Do you think the brothers who wrote the 'Creation' book were so totally ignorant of science and journalistic ethics that they had no idea that they were misrepresenting many of the original sources that they quoted?

That sort of unethical journalism by the WTS has really pissed me off, and I've often wondered if there weren't some legal way to prevent that, or punish those who do it. When it's a matter of life and death, maybe there finally is.

Wouldn't it be interesting if there were finally a door opened that could lead to making the WTS truly responsible for some of the lies and nonsense it has written, affecting the lives of millions?

Several years ago I decided that I was goddamn mad and I wasn't going to take it anymore. Anyone else out there share that feeling? Perhaps our time has come.

S4

EXCELLENT POST S4!!!!!

And I agree with every point made. It WOULD be MOST interesting if that door opened that would make the WTS accountable for EVERY hateful thing they have done (supposedly) in God's name, and EVERYTHING they had done that was at the core of the countless ruined families in its holy and noble wake; in demanding allegiance to them as we cast our families and old friends aside for their unbiblical policies.

I deeply and dearly hope that this news will have a undeniably devastating impact on the entire WTS (Inc) community and will bring it to its knees, leaving absolutly NO "wiggle room" such as with the "library card" stupidity that the boyz-in-writing cooked up (after the fact) and the followers believed. That might have momentarily shaken the foundations---now we need something concrete that will sail in, to knock the foundations completely OUT from under them---leaving these life-sucking charlatans with NO foundations whatsoever! We can call it "Rubble Without A Cause" when they attempt to hunt for any shred of credibility to their despicable name.

I can "WISH BIG" and never enter Sears!

Annie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

stilla

As an ex wife of an ex elder I knew nothing. He had his room where he kept everything and I never went in there. I only found out about the elder's manual on this board - at least 15 years after I left.

But I have read several posts here by women who wrote their husbands talks and had access to a lot of things

The WTS has always underestimated the power of women. Barbara was crucial to the exposure of the sexual abuse scandal within the organization. And now it looks again like a female will put another hole in the dike.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The WTS has always underestimated the power of women.

The world does Lady Lee, the world does

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

They controlled all the men...but didn't realize that women would / could have access to this info somehow. Wouldn't that be ironic....a woman who was overlooked for access yet "busts" all the men.

Ya know Enigma, 'the women are a large army'. (sorry if anyone has a flashback or gets an earworm)

Like everyone else, I am waiting wondering wishing. Hopefully the Watchtower is at a flashpoint in their history and this proves to be the book of matches.

• avishai
    avishai

I wonder if this will have any impact on the ongoing child rape lawsuits against the WT.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

'the women are a large army'. Kingdom Song 82 Psalm 68 vs 11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit