Elders school notes, Part 6: The JW Talmud, and Trust Us!!!

by sir82 94 Replies latest members adult

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

What the heck is this "greediness" - does that mean wanting more and more?

Although this is a JW Talmud, it seems they are differentiating between fornication and uncleaness.

In some circumstances, this may be a benefit to those who come close, but not close enough to be df'd, where as previous BoE's may have seen fit to df a person for touching the breasts.

Human sexuality is very complex, the only REAL account of punishment in the Christian era was a man fornicating with his father's wife.

• startingover
    startingover

Pope LMAO

The greediness thing stuck out to me too. Seems like a lot of emphasis on that.

• twolips
    twolips

Also concerning breasts,, what about men?... maybe they are not called breast, but it can be an extremly sencetive spot.

Not that I care about the rules. But its funny that only womens breast are mentioned.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

6) A baptized minor child smokes regularly. This is uncleanness with greediness, so form committee.

Why aren't the parents responsible to get him/her help? They need to stay out of it...boobs!

Swalker

• Es
    Es

LOL @ pope and sam great replies

es

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Can we have "loose uncleanness"?

Maybe caused by drinking too much beer followed by a stiff vindaloo...

Pope

• AuldSoul
  • blondie
    blondie

Is a woman kissing a man's breasts the same judicially?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

No, blondie. That is not considered heavy petting. It is gender biased, although there is voluminous data to prove that the nipple is an erogenous zone for MANY men.

Lips are also a common erogenous zone, as are ear lobes, the neckline, (oddly enough) toes, etc. Humans are sexual beings. But for some reason, it is skewed judicially.

AuldSoul

• ackack
    ackack

I just did a quick glance over the Elder's manual, and I can't find any reference to Eph 4:19 being used the way it is here. (There is one reference from :17-28 but it doesn't mention this new concept)

Is this idea of "greediness" new? It seems like a whole new layer of legalism. Its interesting too, because the sense of it from the text, is greediness is just mentioned in passing. Interesting to take one word and blow it up like this. Very typical.

ackack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit