What was your favorite thing about being a witness?

by dezpbem 36 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar
    Daystar is that all you had, a couple of pretty girls? I can recall six or seven even after all these years, two of them were as stunning as any Hollywood actress

Well, those must have been the two I was talking about.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Oh well in a bleak JW environment one really needs to have some beauties around to spice things up in an otherwise insipid ambience.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I truly though long and hard to try to come up with something that I enjoyed about being a JW. Sorry, but I came up empty.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    There was a wonderful sense of community in our congregation for a long time, and I loved it. It definitely changed beginning in the 90's though.

That was our experience, too. It worked for us for a time, and then it didn't work anymore.

• Soledad
    Soledad

How fortunate for all of you that had the parties and picnics and BBQs and got invited to them. I was hardly ever invited to these things. Our family was "weak."

The only thing I can think of that I kind of enjoyed as a witness was going to the Circuit or Special Day Assembly in Monroe NY. It kind of felt like I was taking a mini-vacation in the country.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I enjoyed the gatherings and I thought I had a lot of friends.

I also believed I had all the answers and I was better than "worldly people" in God's eyes.

I don't miss a group of old geezers in Bklyn telling me what I could or could not do.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The best thing is that I don't have to deal with smokers while around JWs. I hate the smell of smoke!!!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit