What's WRONG with some people (ranting)?!?!

by FreedomFrog 41 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Ok, I was at Meijer about to do my grocery shopping, though before I do shopping, I always eat something so I can stay on my budget and not grab everything I see. The cafe' was closed so I had to get a deli sandwich. I went to go pay and a lady steps in front of me. She turns to me and basically yells "ARE YOU A WITCH". Well, I knew where this was heading. No, I'm not a witch to what she's referring to. So in front of 30 people as she's holding the line up here's about the way it played out.

Her: ARE YOU A WITCH (saying it as loud as she could)

Me: No,why do you ask?

Her: (Now whispering because I said no) cause you have a pentacle on and that's witchcraft.

Me: No, it's a symbol of the five elements of life.

Her (now knowing I'm not her kind starts yelling again) JESUS LOVES YOU TOO.

Me: Thank you, but why are you yelling.

Her: (not yelling, but loud enough so others can hear) I'm not yelling I just asked you if you're a witch.

Me: I'm not a witch to what you're referring to.

Her: But you're wearing a witchcraft symbol.

Me: Have you looked into what witchcraft REALLY is?

Her: NO AND I'M NOT ABOUT TO.

(others chiming in saying "Amen"

She starts yelling "JESUS LOVES YOU", again.

Me: Why do you have to yell this? If you were wearing your cross, I wouldn't yell "GREEN TARA" or "GAIA" loves you. I wouldn't be holding up the line trying to embarrass you by doing this. Is THIS love you want to teach me????

Her: I'm just giving you a message from him.

Me: Well, thank you but I need to pay for my sandwich now. And I'm through with this. (then I go in front of her and start paying)

Her: I don't want to argue, I'm just trying to show you that Jesus loves you anyway. (Still loud for others to hear)

Me: You need to do your research more on...(she interrupts again)

Me: Why do you interrupt me?

Another person chimes in...."YOU need to keep your mouth shut"

Me: No, I DON'T, she started this, I have my beliefs and she hers. I DIDN'T ask her to give me a message.

Me: (looking at her again) and the way you did this, it makes me NOT want to EVER become christian. WHERE'S THE LOVE???? I have my beliefs, you have yours. Goodbye.

I was so ticked off. Though, I tried to stay calm. I feel like I handled it wrong. I was put on the spot. Why are some people like this???? Do they think that will SCARE me into becoming in their mold???? It actually PUSHED me further from it. I wanted to tell her SO bad..."why don't you just f*** off you B****. But I didn't, as I was leaving, I heard her gossiping...judging. GRRrrrrrrrrrr.

I wonder if she had a jack-o-lantern...I wonder if she passed out candy on Halloween...and if so, I wonder if she even THOUGHT of where that came from. Funny.

Ok, I'm through ranting. Just wish I could come back with a smart remark that'll shut them up.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Just wish I could come back with a smart remark that'll shut them up.

He he, yeah for some of us, our come backs dont happen till we leave! Funny story though, you handled it well, I would have told her off!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

The BEST comback, in my opinion, would play out like this:

Her: ARE YOU A WITCH?

You: No.

Her: (whispering) you have a pentacle on, that's witchcraft.

You: You have a cross on, that's a penis.

Her: ... (confusion) JESUS LOVES YOU!

You: I love everyone. Even people who wear penises on chains around their necks. Now, I am hungry. Jesus even recognized that it wasn't loving to keep people from eating. Are you going to follow his example?

AuldSoul

• blondie
    blondie

Where was the manager of this store during all this?

Do you live in the Bible Belt?

People like that could give JWs a good name.

Blondie

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I dig the pagan way because they arent all about getting you saved through that particular 'way'. Not in your face. That lady reminds me of the deeminized woman from trading spouses. LOL Fundies can be sooo ignorant eh FF?

• Legolas
    Legolas

I think you handled that well!

Trust me that woman would NOT want to say that to me if I was in a bad mood!

Just ask my daughter...LOL ....She had the bad luck to be with me a few times when people pissed me off and they they got told just right where to go!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Where was the manager of this store during all this?

Do you live in the Bible Belt?

People like that could give JWs a good name.

Blondie

I don't know where the manager was. She was loud enough, I'm surprised no one came. You could have heard her 10 registers down. Yes, there is a Church on just about every corner you turn. But, I've not had much problems. I just think it's funny that, that SAME lady probably celebrated halloween...go figure. Just made me angry by the judging. Especially, she had the same response Dubs have when I asked her if she'd done research on Pagan. Oh well.

• blondie
    blondie

Arguing with people like that becomes pearls before swine.

I would have walked away to find the manager.

"demonized" is the word that came to mind; then "lobotomized"

Blondie

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    LOL Fundies can be sooo ignorant eh FF?

Hehehe...yeah. It's amazing how closed minded people can become. In ANY religion. Yes, I tried the christian way, it just wasn't for me. I don't rule out anything though. I'll listen and I'll talk about what I believe...but I DON'T try to embarrass people to convert them to my beliefs.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I wanted to tell her SO bad..."why don't you just f*** off you B****.

That would have been a great first response.

If a stranger asks me something that's none of their business my usual response is, "Who the hell wants to know?"

Never allow a stranger who has no authority to put you on the spot or make you feel you have to explain yourself. You don't. Turn it around to put the instigator on the spot.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit