How did you tell old distant friends that you faded? Or do you?

by cab1000 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

So the WT can be part of the UN for 10 and that's ok but you could get DF'd because you have a pumpkin on your porch???????? OK

Anyways as far as fading,I don't say anything,I find the jw gossip pretty much takes care of it.If your so-called friends do show up and start asking questions,just be honest.Tell them some things about the religion bother you,you've asked questions about it and can't get answers.Did you know that in some countries jw's take part in celebrations that have pagan origins? AW 03 9/22 p.23-24

Goldminer

• TopHat
    TopHat

Goldminer, It is not the pumpkin that is the objection, it is the Jack O'Lantern. Did you know the first Jack O'Lantern was a turnip? Actually I think the Jack O'Lanterns are cute. Here is some trivia about the celebration of Halloween.

http://www.pumpkinnook.com/hween/origin.htm

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think it is good you are thinking about these things now because if you continue displaying things the WT frowns on it won't be long before they confront you on this issue. If you are not ready psychologically to deal with friends and family turning on you I would suggest taking the pumkins and other decorations down till you are ready. Things spread very fast among the witnesses. Once one finds out there is a good chance they all will. For the same reason I wouldn't recommend telling anyone you have changed even to soften the blow until you feel you are ready to deal with an inquistion into your behavior. There is a good chance the elders will show up before your visitors get there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit