How did you tell old distant friends that you faded? Or do you?

by cab1000 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cab1000
    cab1000

Hello all. You all have been so helpful in the past with these things...and I have another "how to deal" question...

Ok, we have been faded for a while now. We have pumkins out for halloween, as well as fun decorations...the problem is..we got an anniversary card today in the mail from some old witness friends where we used to live...they wish they could visit...they are prone to drop by un announced...so..have any of you had any sucess of "warning" old witness friends that you have changed?

We are still trying not to get disfellowshiped for family reasons. So we don't want any incriminating evidence. This may just be impossible, but we want them to know so that they dont make a special trip, only to be very discouraged. They are (were) a special pioneer couple....

Whatdyathink?

~cab

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

To be honest, I don't give it a thought, I just let them deal with it however they want to. I spent so much time having to worry about other's sensibilities that I just said to heck with it.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats a tough one since you are wanting to fade and not be df'd.

only option i see is responding and saying you would like a visit but it wouldnt be convenient till the spring (after the holidays?)

you could take your decorations down. because you know that having decorations up where anyone can drive by and see them is a df'ing offense. its a risk you have willingly taken on. be prepared for the consequences.

• cab1000
    cab1000

Candid,

You are so right. The witnesses have been known to come by and visit. Its funny how when you are away for a while, you forget little stuff like that. All they would have to do is come by, and see the light up pumpkin deal, and that may be it for us. Both my wife and I would love to stop hiding...its just that whole "cut off from the whole freakin family" thing.

I'll have a talk with my wife, and we'll decide if we want to risk it with the decorations...

~cab

• TopHat
    TopHat

Never mind what the witnesses think.....A better question is: What will Jehovah or Jesus think of your PAGAN HOLLOWED pumpkin...Of couse if you don't care what Jehovah and Jesus think then why care what the witnesses think?

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I don't think that is what is at issue here... Rather it is that a man made organisation that claims to be God's is once again causing divisions between families.

Cab I understand what you are going through. I too have faded because I have family still in that religon. I choose to celebrate holidays etc but wonder if at times it may inadvertantly lead to my disphellowshipping which would result in my loved ones shunning me...

• lola28
    lola28

Tophat, I never realized that Jehovah had something against pumpkins. Thanks for the information.

lola

• TopHat
    TopHat

You forgot to had Pagan Hollowed....

• TopHat
    TopHat

oops, Thats ADD Pagan Hollowed not had

• lola28
    lola28

Please explain to me what is so wrong with getting free candy once a year and dressing up. What isso wrong with that?

lola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit