Keep Your Eye Simple - Special Assembly Day

by truthseeker 22 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Apparently, many of the dubs can't keep their eye simple, so they need an assembly to tell them how to do it.

Youths, are you pursuing spiritual goals? is one talk for the afternoon. We know what this will be about don't we? (Education, careers)

Same old, same old.

It's funny how their consistent methology of trying to get young ones(TM) to pioneer has not changed, or the guilt trips on parents who are expected to ENCOURAGE their kids to pioneer straight from high school.

Also, are you allowing time spend on recreational pursuits, hobbies and the Internet to draw you away from spiritual activities brethers?

It is interesting to note, from the recent KM, that USA service activity has resulted in LESS publishers this year than last year. Keep up the good work!

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Keep Your Eye Simple...translation..."Have no life but the one the wts advises you to have."
    tp

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Keep Your Eye Simple!

K - Kingdom Hall five times a week.

Y - Youth. Do not have any, get right into pioneering or Bethel.

E - Education is a waste of time. This system will be over by 1975 very soon.

S - Study your way to life. A real relationship with God is not needed. Mother Brooklyn will love you into the new world in 1975 soon.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    It is interesting to note, from the recent KM, that USA service activity has resulted in LESS publishers this year than last year. Keep up the good work!

That's great news truthseeker! Wil you be going to the spesh ass day yourself to learn more?

I swear that this theme has been used before for assemblies. Its that old repetition for mind numbing brainwashing off the sheep emphasis

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i'm so glad i'm out.

**remembers mother nudging everytime a ''good point'' was made**

BAAAAAAARF!!!!

luv, jojo

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    **remembers mother nudging everytime a ''good point'' was made**

My ex always did that to me, with a few extra nudges to keep me awake. I had bruises on my ribs after every assembly.

Keep Your Eye Simple

Why don't they try being honest and just say what they really mean?

Keep Your Eye Simple Mind Stupid
    W
  • R6Laser
    R6Laser
    i'm so glad i'm out.

Glad I'm also out. I remember a special day assembly I went and they had a visiting speaker from Bethel years ago. He basically gave a talk about how young people in the congregation should consider getting into Bethel and serve Jehova better. At the end he invited those who were interested to a meeting on how we could sign up for service in Bethel. Back then I was still unsure so I went into the room were the meeting was held.

There was the speaker and a bunch of young pioneers trying to get into Bethel. The visiting bethelite was asking everyone in the table how long they've been pioneering. As they went down the table everyone had at least pioneered for at least 3 or more years. When he came down to me I told him I wasn't a pioneer. He looked at me and said, "Well, do you think you could start pioneering in the next couple of months?". I looked at him straight in his face and I said no, I had a busy schedule with school and a part time job. He then told me that to go to Bethel I would have to at least pioneer for a whole year. That was it for me, I never liked going door to door and was not going to start now. Needless to say I left the meeting thinking to myself, "I'm glad I didn't stay longer." Shortly after I was on my way out the organization.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Assemblies are so repetitive, so much of the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Assemblies are so repetitive

That's the key to thought control... repetition! After all, this is an organization whose motto (one of 'em, anyway) is "Repetition for emphasis."

• TopHat
    TopHat

For some reason all our assembies were short the funds to pay for the electric bill...at every assembly they had to remind us how short they were after the lunch break. so like the sheep I was...I put more money into the box as I left the assembly hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit