creationism in the us of a

by googlemagoogle 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Big Dog
    Big Dog
    Why do you continue to pretend that that is the issue in question?

Okay, precisely and concisely, what exactly is the issue in question? Frame it as tightly as you can.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Sadly even in a state college nearby the proffessor there slips in his creationist ideas.

What's sad about that? Evolution is an old uninformed "theory" that fails to take into account "ID" support such as the code contained in DNA (code was written by someone, right?). IMO God is much more real than we are.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

BD,

origins and evolution are two different things.

evolution is a fact. there is no evidence at all, nor is it needed, that a god has tampered with the computer program of evolution after its execution.

creationists want to interject that a god caused it all, before execution of the program (though they are loathe to talk about the implications of it being a program, lol). they, of course, have absolutely no evidence for god-based origins (just myths passed down from hunter gatherers), but want it in science class anyways. scientists do not have an explanation yet either, but at least they admit so.

but as far as evolution is concerned, no god is required by the theory, therefore no god should be introduced to biology class. we are talking post-origins here. we are talking about bio-diversity, and how that happened. that is the theory of evolution. that is biology.

TS

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Evolution is an old uninformed "theory" that fails to take into account "ID" support such as the code contained in DNA (code was written by someone, right?).

In what way is evolution an "uninformed" theory? [Insert standard comment explaining that a scientific theory and your brother-in-law's theories about the government are not the same type of "theory".]

Actually the idea of "ID support" is intriguing to me. I would like to see some. You've called DNA a code and explained that a code must be written by someone. But I would contend that's only true if the code is actually a code, and not a naturally-occurring pattern. For instance a snowflake is highly organized, and if you tried you could probably work out a code from it. But few would argue that any particular snowflake was intelligently designed.

Is there any evidence to suggest that DNA is an intelligently designed code instead of a naturally occurring pattern?

Dave

• FairMind
    FairMind

evolution is a fact

God is a fact, evolution is a thoery!

as far as evolution is concerned, no god is required by the theory, therefore no god should be introduced to biology class

Since God is a fact, theories in contradiction to that fact should not be introduced into a biology class.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

It's been mention before, but I'll bump it back in:

Who created God?

steve

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Is there any evidence to suggest that DNA is an intelligently designed code instead of a naturally occurring pattern?

when things are designed, they are economic.

with all the junk in our DNA (ie: other organisms storing their code in ours because we have more space), i dare say it's not designed at all.

ts

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

evolution is a fact

Your point being that just saying it doesn't make it so? :-)

Fair enough.

Some people consider evolution a fact because all of the available evidence supports it. There aren't facts lying around that fly directly in the face of evolution. It doesn't have all the answers, and likely never will. But to my knowledge there is nothing known that stands in contradiction to evolution.

Whether it's a fact or a theory isn't really material, though. Gravity is a theory, cells operate according to cellular theory. Nobody wants to bring god into those arenas, contending that children should be taught that maybe god holds everybody on the earth, instead of a natural force. Why pick on evolution? Because evolution is unlucky enough to step on religious toes, particularly bible-based ones.

What if the Bible said that god DID hold people on the earth with holy spirit, and were it not for his loving spirit, we would all fly away? Would there be "Intelligent Gravity" conversations? (I bet there would.)

Dave

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

fairmind,

LOL. thanks for that.

evolution is backed up by a mountain of evidence that you are free to continue ignoring.

i am afraid to inform you, that "god" has absolutely NO EVIDENCE in her favour.

and that is the difference between something factual, and something not factual.

Since God is a fact, theories in contradiction to that fact should not be introduced into a biology class.

god is only a fact based on your fallacious introduction of him as a fact. this, for all it's wishful properties, does not, even in the slightest sense, make him a fact.

TS

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

fairmind,

God is not fact. Your faith in Him is.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit