Good God! Is my mother really anointed or skitzso?

by plmkrzy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    By the way, if your mother has any money in an account, be watchful, because she is now very vulnerable for someone to steal from her.

Thats something I hadn't thought of. My mom is tooooo suspicious of everyone to trust anyone with access to her money. She gards it like it's ...money

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Oh, if you ever can get her to agree to an MRI that would tell you if she has had any mini strokes.

OC

Her older brother is due to visit this month, perhaps he can convince her to have some tests done. The chances are not good though.

plum

• lola28
    lola28

Umm... I would tell you what I think but I have always been told not to mess with peoples mothers...so I will

lola

• Mary
    Mary

It sounds as though your mother has probably always suffered from anxiety, but it sounds as though she's really going on the deep end---even for a Witness. I don't think she has Alzheimers or Dementia, as those diseases make you forget things. It sounds more like she could becoming schizophrenic. I found some of the warning signs:

Negative symptoms generally include apathy or lack of motivation, self-neglect (such as not bathing), and reduced or inappropriate emotion (such as becoming angry with strangers). Negative symptoms usually appear first and may be confused with depression, and later with other conditions such as substance abuse or bipolar disorder. 1

Positive symptoms, which generally appear later, include symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions, and disorganized or confusing thoughts and speech. Symptoms of schizophrenia usually emerge in adolescence or early adulthood. Symptoms can appear suddenly or may develop gradually, often causing the illness to go unrecognized until it is in an advanced stage when it is more difficult to treat.

Schizophrenia is diagnosed primarily with a medical history and a mental health assessment. Other tests, such as imaging tests (including a CT scan or MRI), blood tests, and physical exam, may be done to rule out other conditions that can mimic symptoms of schizophrenia.

I know you've said she will not allow a doctor to examine her, but there comes a time where you or a sibling will have to step in and force the issue. When someone can no longer make rational decisions for themselves, someone has to step in. This happened with my grandmother. She was getting dementia and refused to let the doctor examine her. After much nagging, I finally got my aunt to take her to the doctors as she had Power of Attorney. There's all kinds of laws that step in with people who are no longer working on all thrusters. It sounds like this is a prime example. She needs to be examined thoroughly before she ends up harming herself or someone else.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If she is 77 it is probably best to leave her in peace with what she believes.

At one stage my cong had 9 schitso's. It has had a procession of anointed, some with mental issues, some without, one who was only 18 and normal, but her father thought he was anointed too. It always seemed to me that the security of a high control brotherhood attracted that type of personality.

Since the majority of people believe they will go to heaven it is probably those that think they will live forever on earth that are really the ones with mental problems.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Consult a mental health professional about her.

Since the majority of people believe they will go to heaven it is probably those that think they will live forever on earth that are really the ones with mental problems.

According to the bible, people who put their faith in Jesus and allow Him into their hearts are assured of a home in heaven. Since the WT/JW cult denies Christ at every opportunity, it is an almost certainty that anyone who subscribes to their doctrines is not known by Him.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Mary

It sounds more like she could becoming schizophrenic.

I have a strong feeling she is schizophrenic. I’ve done a lot of reading on the subject and spoke to several people, doctors, social workers etc., about her symptoms and history. No one can diagnose someone over the phone or via through someone else obviously but all the signs point to schizophrenia.

there comes a time where you or a sibling will have to step in and force the issue When someone can no longer make rational decisions for themselves, someone has to step in

I agree totally…when using my head only. I also agree with what jwfacts posted. It’s a difficult thing to bounce around. What to do.

I never imagined being in this situation. It looks a lot different from this side then it does from where I’m use to, observing someone else in this situation.

jwfacts

it is probably those that think they will live forever on earth that are really the ones with mental problems.

Lol! That’s another thread.

Plum

Honesty

Consult a mental health professional about her

I have. I’ve been advised to have her declared incompetent. I am having a very difficult time with that one. I don’t know if it’s the best thing to do for her at her age.

plum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit