Good God! Is my mother really anointed or skitzso?

by plmkrzy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Good God! Is my mother really anointed or skitzso?

I’ve been gone a long time without much Internet access. A good thing or not…don’t know, BUT! It has given me the opportunity to see a lot of things from a whole new perspective with regard to a particular subject in jwizzum, that being “anointment”

This past year I have been through more then I want to think about but the one thing I cannot…not think about is how do I feel about my mother being anointed. Is she or is she just nuts? I just don’t know anymore. Actually I do know. She is nuts. But! Is she anointed?

I discussed this confidentially with a couple members of her congregation and was given similar explanations: “You know Paul suffered with mental illness as well” and “Many of the anointed suffer from mental illness and or depression”. So..so..whats yur point! I wanted to respond with but remained polite because, well, if you’re a jw you know darn well why just being polite is the best response sometimes…most the time…all the time.

I believed my mom to truly be anointed all my life simply because that’s what I was taught for one thing plus she has always had…exceptional knowledge of the bible. She never completely trusted anything and everything that was taught by the wtbts even though she remained very loyal. She would make excuses for stupid things written by them and find a prophecy somewhere to explain it away.

These past 2+ years she has gone kookoo. She thinks everyone is out to harm her now and has basically drowned inside the bible with prophecy to the point of making them personal. For the first time in my life I cannot talk to my own mother. I made the grave mistake of trying to reason with her and OH MY GOD I bashed the wbts to her face so now she is convinced I’m possessed and Satan is using me to break her down.

This is the first time I am trying to post about all this in hope of getting some response that will help me feel not so out there alone in the twilight zone. Not everyone can relate but there is a better chance of relating here then at social services.

Is there anyone on the forum who has parents or grandparents or whatever that are anointed with mental illness? Please post, I’d like to come back to this in a day or 2 and read about experiences.

My mom is 77 years old, anointed about 50 or so years.

plum

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Perhaps this section wasn't the best choice to post this. When I went to the active topics page, “private” is next to the header. If it can be moved to a better category that would be great.

• carla
    carla

Do you think she has alzhiemers? or some other aging dementia? Has she seen a doctor? Has her handwriting changed? Maybe she had a mini stroke or something.

A question for you from a non jw- are you saying that most jw's believe that many of the annointed suffer some sort of mental illness? Is this a widespread belief?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Hm.

On the plus side, you have already planted seeds around that she is nuts, therefore you can speak freely and then when she tells others you are demon possessed you can just shrug, roll your eyes, and agree with her...

...on the downside, IT'S YOUR MOM!!! I understand the dilemma, but I don't have any relatives that partake at the JW memorial. Maybe some other posters do.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

"Do you think she has alzhiemers? or some other aging dementia? Has she seen a doctor? Has her handwriting changed? Maybe she had a mini stroke or something. "

She will not, I repeat NOT allow a doctor to examine her other then to check her blood pressure. Yes…she is either suffering from dementia or Delusions. She is most certainly paranoid . I would think dementia is lower on the list of possibilities simple because she knows whom what where etc.

She is seeing things, hearing voices etc. In her mind the voices talking to her are demons and or angles/holy spirit…whatever.

"A question for you from a non jw- are you saying that most jw's believe that many of the annointed suffer some sort of mental illness? Is this a widespread belief?"

I couldn’t say what the widespread belief is but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a wide spread belief from what I’ve gathered personally. It isn’t the first time I’ve heard that. plum

• upside/down
    upside/down

All "annointed" are schizo...it's a pre-requisite.

u/d

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Yes, It's my mom and it hurts to see her this way. I have to deal with it however I can and not fall apart.

The last time I went into the house it was to set up a new DVD player for her because her VCR is eating tapes. She thought I was trying to plug in a recording device to spy on her and punched me in the face. I got a black eye while holding a DVD player in my arms.

It is not my intention to be disrespectful. I believe it is the teachings of the wtbts that have fueled her paranoia and because of what she has been taught for so many years she will not even consider getting “medical” help. EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE right now is demonized. Even the elders. No one is escaping her belief of what bible prophecy has in store for her personally.

plum

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

"On the plus side, you have already planted seeds around that she is nuts, "

Actually, no I haven't.

I was called on by her congregation elders, neighbors and relatives to do something about my mother. 2 years ago everyone told me she was either nuts or the house is possessed and causing her to act crazy and do crazy things. She is spying on people now because she wants to catch them spying on her. Catch them in the act.

I argued with everyone that she was probably just blowing people off in some sarcastic way. I was 3000 miles away and unable to speak to her any longer because she refused to allow a phone in the house. I was quite angry with a lot of people for a long time. Things change even if we don’t like it.

plum

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Sounds exactly - except for the annointed bit - like my mother before she was put on medication. As far as I know, she did not voluntarily go for help either.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

She definately is having some sort of mental breakdown. Only a doctor can diagnose the problem correctly. Is there anyway she would submit to a CAT scan? My mom, who has always been very kind and nice started acting a little strangely about a year ago. She is 80. I started getting upset at a few things that she was saying and doing but didn't quite know what the deal was. I went with her to the doctor and made a point of telling her about the changes in personality. She had a CAT scan and the dr. discovered she had had a mini-stroke. It made us all understand and relate to the changes she was going through. She is better now and we all know what to look out for in the future.

Hearing voices is definately a mental issue! Not necessarily a JW one, but with the annointing thing thrown in, it helps perpetuate it. I too have known some of the annointed with this problem...when they got on meds the voices stopped. (Then didn't stay on their meds though, because they thought God was now not talking to them...they needed counseling as well!) You may want to call her dr. and let them know what is going on or go with her on next visit. Anytime you tell a dr. that someone is hearing voices, they usually jump right on it. I hope you get her some much needed help.

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit