Oh My Cawed! $29,000+

by BrendaCloutier 38 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ok. I "won" a "fully favorable" Social Security Disability claim on August 29, 2005. From there it takes 2 - 6 months to receive a letter outlining just how much I will receive in back pay and in monthly.

Today I got an envelope with $29,794.00. No letter, no nothing!

Oh, My, Cawed!

So. First thing tomorrow I call my attorney's office and see what they've received.

Then I go to my bank, pay off my ancient late fees, and deposit the check, including $5,000 in a 6 month CD savings for a trip to E-mans BBQ in England next July.

Then I pay back my wonderful Kevan for his financial support and owsies for the last 4 years.

Then I'll go up and visit my GF in Seattle who's been after me to come up for months now.

Then.....

Oh, My, Cawed!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

awessome

I know how hard it is to get accepted. I just got my first rejection letter. (seems they almost always refuse the first time around) I applied in Dec 2004. so if I ever get approved I should get a nice sum - I hope

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

LadyLee, keep at em. Don't let the buzzards get you down. I don't know what Canada is like, but it was a 2 year 8 month process for me. 2 rejections and the hearing which was actually rather bizaar.

I've filed 2 times before and never could see it though until now.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Sounds like they're won't be any left for me...

LOL-Good for you,enjoy it!

Goldminer

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wooop, woop, woop, woop-de-doop! Yaaay!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Congratulations!

• JW83
    JW83

You 'won' it? How does that work? And how do I apply?!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Goldminer = Golddigger

Sphere - I'll be down! I promise. I'm used to getting Resident mail. This was NICE mail!

JW83 - I "won" it cuz I got sick. And can no longer work. It's Social Security Disability - insurance money I paid into the "system".

Jgnat, Lawrence, Everyone else... thank you.

<where's the faint and giddy emoticons when you need'em?>

• I quit!
    I quit!

Good for you. I hate to bring this up but will you have to pay taxes on it? It is a one time shot so use it wisely. I hate to say things like that but it is the way I think about money.

• horrible life
    horrible life

DRINKS ARE ON BRENDA!!!! I WANT SOMETHING SWEET WITH WHIPPED CREAM. STRAWBERRY DACQURI or I will settle for a wine cooler HL

Congratulations Brenda!!!!!!!!!!! Think about your future. Think interest. Interest upon Interest. Sock away as much as you can, and try not to touch it. Interest rates are going up!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit