Embarrassing things that happened to you on the platform?

by Jordan 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Jordan
    Jordan
    Jordan why in the world were you giving a talk while in crutches?!

Sadly, I was on crutches for alot of my youth, from about 10 years old, I've had arthritis, so giving a talk on crutches was a common occurence for me...

• horrible life
    horrible life

WELCOME mjs mouse, ben

This is a wonderful thread for you to join our family in.

My embarrassing moment, can't come close to the rest. You all have made me laugh through tears tonight.

My moment, came when, I dropped my notes. picked them up, and couldn't find where I was. I said "Oh MAN" in the microphone. Everybody laughed. My householder just sat there wide-eyed. I carried on, finally. Glad I didn't say another word. But, back then, that would not have happened. HL

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Hey, horrible life! At least you didn't rip one or something, lol! We had a large, large sister get discomboberated and sweaty on stage. She stood up and wiped her forehead. "Lord! Have mercy!" she gasped, and removed her suit jacket. For all the world to see, were her fuschia bra straps showing! I must say, we did have some rip roaring laughs to break up the crushing boredom sometimes!

• Jordan
    Jordan

I just remembered something else, it wasn't embarassing for me, I was about 7 years old at the time, and my little sister was 3 or 4. Well, she was misbehaving during the meeting, my mum had told her off several times, she eventually had to pick my sister up and take her outside, my sister had a songbook in her hands at the time, and as my mum lifted her up, the song book went flying and hit an Elder's wife on the back of the head. My sister thought this was hilarious, I remember my mum going bright red with embarassing. Looking back now, I can't think of a better person to have been hit.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

That's funny, Jordan! Did your mum get a judicial meeting for throwing things at Sister Elderette?

• Jordan
    Jordan

Haha lol. No, I think they knew it was an accident. But my sister has told me on several occassions that she remembers doing it and did throw it deliberately. Not sure if I believe her though.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Bless her wicked little heart, lolol!

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

She could have! I defenitly remember not liking some lady-JWs in my youth. There was one cranky middle-aged one in particular, who didn't seem to like kids at ALL. And young children can feel that, I would have thrown a book at her if I hadn't been so shy. Possibly a Revelation book, too. More effective.;P

That makes me think of the time a sister got up with her little boys in her arms, kicking and screaming, and as it often happens in cramped places like a KH row, the person sitting in front of her got a solid kick to the back of the head. I wouldn't have thought it funny, but the victim was one of those girls that think the are all that. With the always perfectly arranged hair, turned up nose and all. The look on her face when it happened.lol

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I once farted loudly when I went up to adjust the microphone for a visiting speaker.

W

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

The 'kid' stories got me thinking...

My son was about 2 or 3, just old enough to be expected to be quiet through the meeting and prayer. The final prayer that night was by a brother notorious for going on....... and on....... and on....... After enduring what he clearly felt was quite enough praying, my little son let out a loud sigh, followed by an even louder, "AMEN", in the middle of this brother's prayer. The people around us could hardly contain themselves.

Out of the mouths of babes....

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit