Embarrassing things that happened to you on the platform?

by Jordan 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Jordan
    Jordan

I remember one of my last talks, it was a bible reading, I was 15, and on crutches. I tripped getting up on the platform and took the mic stand with me. That was embarrassing. Any of you guys got any cringe worthy stories to share?

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Not in the Kingdom Hall, but when homework and preparing for the meetings were clashing, I had a panic attack in school in front of my class when I tried to give a presentation.

• atypical
    atypical

I had a full blown panic attack while giving a prayer in front of 2 CO's, the whole pioneer school, and two other service groups who had joined us. I don't mean like a panic attack where only I knew it was happening. I mean I completely lost it. I still get embarrassed every time I think about it.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

A friend of mine was in her teens with another friend giving one of the sister talks. Halfway through they both got a fit of the giggles and couldn't stop laughing. This went on with attempts to continue the talk. Then her dad the PO came up to her and told her to quit it and threatened her with punishment after the meeting. The laughing ceased and they both went bright red and the talk was completed...

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

since i have been on the platform many times, i've had quite a few.

one that popped in my head was...

i was a householder, and the sister giving the talk totally went blank. i tried prompting her with her next line and nothing worked. she finally said an exasperated "oh shit!" into the mic and left the platform. i sat there for a few seconds and realized everyone was looking at me with wide eyes,,,i think i made a funny face and left the platform. the brother conducting the school gave her a "g" for effort. lol

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Well, that may be how you do things in Eritrea, but they didn't play the whole cussing on the platform thing where I grew up. That would have been a "w" for sure!

Seriously, that was very funny!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Although it didn't happen on stage it was embarassing none the less. My locak KH had a small ministry school in the basement (perhaps 24 or so). Well one time while sitting in this small basement audience I eeked out some methane. Well everyone in the room instantly looked at me, most of them laughing. I tried to play it off as if it was the guy next to me but no one bought it. LOL

• Mulan
    Mulan

When our oldest son was about 2 1/2, my mother in law was supposed to be taking care of him when I went to be a householder. Dave was working out of town so he wasn't there. Well, she was also holding our new baby, and the 2 year old used that opportunity and ran off, right up to the stage and onto my lap. I just picked him up and carried on. What else could I do? It all worked out, but I was really embarrassed.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Wow,

I was assigned to give the public talk in the Rockaway Beach, NY congregation. As was my habbit I went to the bath room just before the song so I would not be pestered by my bladder while giving the talk. But the elastic band of my shorts slipped from my thumb while . . .err . . releaving myself . . . and snapped up causing a fumbling emergency to relocate it and pull it back. The result was a large, embarrassing whet spot from my sipper down almost to my knee.

I was a bethelite and on the bethel speaking list so I of the mind set that failing to fulfill my "theocratic" assignment was out of the question. I took my pants off and shock them frantically until the song was over as if I could produce enough wind to evaporate the evidence. I slipped my pants back on during the prayer and stepped up on the stage as the chairman exited hoping no one would notice my accident. My only consulation is that by the end of the Watchtower study either they had forgotten or they were as embarrassed as I was and dared not mention it.

STeve

• lawrence
    lawrence

I gave a public talk in Fitchburg, Mass. and my fly was open. My wife at the time started signalling me, and after a while I caught her drift, so I took a wide stance and spun around like the 4 winds about to be unfurled, and closed my fly. Good thing it wasn't a talk about the Song of Solomon or my fly open wouldn't have been the only problem...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit