"Jehovah saves groups not individuals"

by Rayvin 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I wonder what group Job was in, and why the heck they put a whole chapter in the bible about him independantly being faithful to God? Must have been a misprint.

Kwin

• daystar
    daystar

It's likely that just beyond the borders of that particular issue lies the unknown, and that is something that can be frightening. This is why the "I don't want to argue" came from him at the end.

He probably also doesn't have a clear-but idea of from where his comment originates, which is another reason he did not want to continue the conversation.

I would not press the issue further just yet, which is common advice from me to you, isn't it?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

About meeting attendance, the same article says:

*** w83 3/1 p. 19 "Flocking Together in Battle Line" ***

In carnal warfare it is essential that officers and other personnel have briefing sessions so as to be kept up-to-date on the movements on the battlefield and the latest enemy strategy. Likewise, our meetings at the Kingdom Hall or elsewhere are vital so that we may be regularly strengthened by the Word of God and his holy spirit, as well as being kept alert to the movements of the enemy.

Also, the article says that "every other activity in life must take second place to our service for Jehovah's great Field Marshal." Meeting attendance and going door-to-door would be construed as key parts of that "service", so if you do not engage in those, you cannot be said to be associating yourself with God's organization and doing what foot soldiers of Christ are supposed to be doing. And there is no grey area between God's organization and Satan's organization (which will be utterly destroyed at Armageddon). So if you do not clearly identify yourself as a Jehovah's Witness and do what JWs are supposed to be doing (as directed by the F&DS), if you do not wear the "uniform" that clearly identify you as on God's side, you could well be destroyed with the rest of Satan's organization.

Of course, this whole argument is based on a plethora of premises that are simply assumed to be true (including the premise that "God's organization" = JWs, and only JWs).

• ackack
    ackack

I sorta thought the whole theme of the destruction of S&G was that God saves individuals, not groups. Did I miss something there?

ackack

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I sorta thought the whole theme of the destruction of S&G was that God saves individuals, not groups. Did I miss something there?

Yeah, only the "Lot class" was saved, which initially included Lot, his two daughters, and his wife. Unfortunately, his wife decided to switch sides and made herself part of the "Sodom and Gomorrah class", thereby losing her life. Then the members of the "Lot class" sought shelter in a cave, got stinkin' drunk, and tried to expand the size of the class by getting down with each other.

• ackack
    ackack

Haha Leolaia, well put.

I've always wondered about the awkwardness of that conversation between the two sisters.

Sis One: So, I guess we wanna have kids, and the men around here sure are scum!

Sis Two: Boy, you got *that* right!

Sis One: So, you wanna get Dad drunk and do him?

Sis Two: Sounds like a plan.

I just can't picture this for some reason. :)

ackack

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    *** w83 3/1 p. 19 "Flocking Together in Battle Line" ***

In carnal warfare it is essential that officers and other personnel have briefing sessions so as to be kept up-to-date on the movements on the battlefield and the latest enemy strategy. Likewise, our meetings at the Kingdom Hall or elsewhere are vital so that we may be regularly strengthened by the Word of God and his holy spirit, as well as being kept alert to the movements of the enemy.

Oh, I love it when they get all dramatic and talk about the violence and war and carnage that is about to come in the "great tribulation". Always gave me associations to pimple-faced 14-year-old nerds and geeks playing "dungeons and dragons". Uhhhhhhh, I`m soooo scared.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Jehovah saves groups not individuals

That means I'm toast because I'm no longer a foloower or member of the Cult of Jehovah's Witnesses. tehehehe

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Makes sense according to JW teaching. People are punished as groups too, not just as individuals. With the exception of Lot and his daughters, all in Sodom and Gomorrah died, even innocent infants. 36 Isrealites died at Ai because of the actions of Achan and then he was stoned along with his family and livestock. All mankind suffers for the sin of Adam and Eve.

I don't think any organized religion gives an individual a fair shake. We're always condemned for the actions of others.

W

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Is it me or once you move past a certain point you don't have the patience to argue with idiots.

What I mean is that I used to love to argue with a dubber and ask about 607 ect. but know I just get mad at the thought of trying to show them any thing, and walk away, It is like arguing with a person that the earth is not flat, if you are so stupid than you are not worth the time and effort to invest to argue with, I feel like it would be going to a mental hospital and trying to discuss basic physics with a retarded person, [nothing against mental disabled people, they at least have a reason for not understanding]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit