"Jehovah saves groups not individuals"

by Rayvin 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

This is what my dad told me . I mentioned how I didn't want to attend a congregation where people were claiming to do good works in the name of God and knowing that they were doing opposite. He says " well, when the last days come.. when ever that is... Jehovah saves groups not individuals" Well what we're in the wrong group dad? "I don't want to argue" he says. Then we got off the phone.

That is scary!! Where do you think he came up w/ that conclusion??

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Aw, (((Rayvin))), I'm so sorry.

That conclusion, although utterly ridiculous when matched against the teachings of the Bible, comes from the words of "God's Channel of Communication," the JW equivalent of the Pope. They don't claim to be infallible, but they claim magisterium just the same and their "current truth" is considered infallible and inviolable until it changes. Ask him about three people in particular: Elijah, Saul of Tarsus, and Enoch. There are hundreds of others in the Bible, but those three should be enough to make the point.

Respectfully,

OldSoul

• Jordan
    Jordan

Well, if god can remember all the traits that make a person individual, so he can resurrect them in the "New System", surely looking at them as individuals now is child's play for him.

• Confession
    Confession

Wouldn't Rahab be another example? Spared as an individual from among the people of Jericho.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Jehovah saves groups not individuals

Does this mean that assemblies and conventions will no longer feature individual experiences?

• JH
    JH

This means you have to be part of a group to be saved? I wonder which one?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That is what the Society teaches. They say that they are God's organization on earth. They say that if you are not part of God's organization, you are part of the world and thus part of Satan's organization. At Armageddon, Jehovah is going to utterly destroy Satan's organization. So to be saved from this destruction, you must identify yourself with God's organization (= be a JW).

• metatron
    metatron

How about Revelation in which it says "they were judged individually according to their deeds" or Romans in which each must stand

before the judgement seat of God?

metatron

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** w83 3/1 p. 16 "Flocking Together in Battle Line" ***

SOUND loud the battle call! Let all valiant witnesses of Jehovah muster for duty! The war against the enemy is approaching a critical stage. The days are urgent. We cannot afford to lapse into easygoing attitudes or be lulled into thinking that the warfare has abated. That is what the enemy would have us think, for he knows his time is short....It follows that all those associating with and supporting the remnant of God’s anointed people likewise become the target of this vicious warfare. Hence, to each one who is thus serving as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses today comes Paul’s stirring exhortation: "As a fine soldier of Christ Jesus take your part in suffering evil. No man serving as a soldier involves himself in the commercial businesses of life, in order that he may gain the approval of the one who enrolled him as a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:3, 4)...

The Greater David, Christ Jesus, has been chosen by Jehovah and is now ruling as heavenly King. Worldly nations are opposed to his kingship. They threaten to wipe out the King’s subjects on earth. (Psalm 2:1-3) Therefore, individuals worldwide are being called upon to take their stand on one side of the issue or the other. That issue is: Are they for the Kingdom of Jehovah’s Son or against it? Multitudes are indecisive. Others determine their position merely by what is expedient, only selfishly considering their own personal safety and gain. Many are undecided only because they lack knowledge of the facts; they lack discernment as to the meaning of these times and the urgent need for them to take their stand solidly for God’s Kingdom. Multitudes therefore are still under the influence of Satanic propaganda and in danger of being dragged down to destruction along with Satan and his accomplices. Hence, the urgent call is for all of Jehovah’s Witnesses to rally to the side of the Greater David, Christ Jesus....

Another important matter to be considered in our Christian warfare is our having a clear vision of the gulf that separates God’s clean organization from the permissive, immoral organizations of this world. (Genesis 3:15; Psalm 97:10) Opposed armies in a war have to be able to distinguish clearly between friend and foe. This is made possible by their distinctive uniforms and armorial equipment. We have been instructed as to the fruits of the spirit of God. We have been made aware of the works of the flesh, which are also manifested just like fruits. (Galatians 5:19-24) So there is really no gray area between God’s organization and Satan’s organization....

Those ‘strongly entrenched ideas’ need to be overturned, exposed, so that victims of delusion may be mentally and spiritually liberated. ... The time draws ever nearer when Jehovah will signal his chosen King to engage the enemy in a final war. The outcome of that action is certain. Satan’s entire organization, visible and invisible, will be removed, ridding the earth of all wicked and oppressive rule.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Thank you all for your replies. The thing that bothers me is.. dad still sees me as one of the JWs that just doesn't go to meetings anymore. So is he saying that even if you are a JW if you aren't IN the group or seen as IN the group you aren't going to be saved? Maybe he is getting this idea from the flood or S and G. Where the groups seen as bad were destroyed with out him looking at each persons heart condition that was about to be destroyed.

I don't know.. i am grabbing at straws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit