Borg

by MsMcDucket 12 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

What does Borg mean?

• upside/down
    upside/down

It's a Star Trek term...it was an alien artificial life form that had a "collective" mentality...no individuals. You got absorbed and assimilated by them by force...

So "postates use a spoof on the Dub term "Org"...(organ-eye-zayshun) ...

and you get "bOrg."

u/d (of the had to learn the JWD lingo too class)

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Watchtower Organization = Org = Borg

(The Borg were an alien race on Star Trek that assimilated all races into one sort of robot race...)

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Newbies ! Oh, I mean, uh, Welcome to the board!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Some good answers in the Best Of Section. Heres a couple of links:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/33567/1.ashx

My favorite by Farkel:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/6021/1.ashx

Another favorite one great for newbies started by jgnat:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

Hope this helps!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Eheh! You all are some hardcore apostates! I guess I'll be just as hardcore pretty quick. It's kinda like I feel like I'm saying something totally verboten! I know it's the Borg that's gotten me assimilated so that I cannot reason on my own! One of my children when she was about 3 years old, got mad at me and call me a Wooka! I think we should put Wooka in their some where. They're a bunch of Wookas!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Eheh! You all are some hardcore apostates! I guess I'll be just as hardcore pretty quick. It's kinda like I feel like I'm saying something totally verboten! I know it's the Borg that's gotten me assimilated so that I cannot reason on my own! One of my children when she was about 3 years old, got mad at me and call me a Wooka! I think we should put Wooka in their some where. They're a bunch of Wookas!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

MsMcDucket,

WELCOME! You will find people in various stages of withdrawal here. We aren't as "hardcore" as you might think, if you are using a bitterness scale. The way this alien "race" on Star Trek worked is assimilating people into a collective. They could accomplish amazing works within the collective, but if they became separated from the collective they had no frame of reference to themselves as people. When they ran across other species, they attempted to absorb them into the collective as well.

The analogy is at once terrible and accurate. It also gives us a feeling of being the "good guys," a much needed point of reference to successfully be able to beat the anxiety over "what ifs." In my opinion, as a psychological coping mechanism referring to the organization as the bOrg keeps the organization in the correct perspective. The people aren't to blame, it is the fault of the collective.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Spectre
    Spectre

And remember: Resistence is not futile.

My nerdiness is showing, I know.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I was wondering myself what the "Dub" in J-Dub stood for....lol. Love the word, but have no idea where it comes from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit