Raising money for a new KH

by TopHat 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TopHat
    TopHat

Some time ago our KH became to small for 3 congregations so money was raised to find land to build a new KH to acommodate all of us. The money raised from the JW members and the sale of the old KH would pay for what was needed. Well, the brothers searched and searched and couldn't find land anywhere so they claimed. It was decided to give the money to the WTS to build KHs where the need was greatest and our third congregation would go with another KH a few miles away. I was wondering who owns the KHs, is it the WTS or the members of that congregation? Who pays for the rebuilding if the KH is destroyed in a hurricane or flood or fire. Doesn't insurance pay for the cost of rebuilding. Does the WTS benifit from the insurance money while the voluteers get nothing for their hard work.

• Jordan
    Jordan

Yeah, the organisation will get the insurance money and probably rely primarily on "donations" to fund the halls being rebuilt.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Does anyone know the value of the WTS?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Sounds like fraud. If I give money for something, It had better go toward its intended purpose. If not, I would want my money back!! HL

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I am especially tuned to who owns the K-Hall as i have donated (been extorted) so much money by the Watchtower.

We have had numerous topics here and this is a summation i believe from Blondie

The shell game: 3 elders are elected by the elders to be on the (corporate) board, usually the same brothers on the service committee. The KH and any land is owned by the non-profit corporation, not even these brothers names are not listed as "owners." If the congregation is dissolved, the property reverts to the parent non-profit corporation the WTS.

• xjwms
    xjwms

They own a lot of:

Expensive REAL ESTATE.!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

With a pocket calculator at side, scan the pictures in the links on these sites.
    http://members.shaw.ca/theotrip/index.htm
    http://walkerimages.com/photo020.html
    Here is a link to start finding New York City Witness ownes property.
    http://www.uspdr.com/consumer/aw-commercialdisplay.asp?unikey=6100020030000005200040000000

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, KHs are self-insured through the WTS unless the individual congregations take out insurance from another source (never heard of that though).

• TopHat
    TopHat

Blonde? Do you mean the WTS insures that a KH will be rebuilt? AND they pay for the rebuilding? I don't like to ask the brothers (Elders) so I am glad I found this site with people who know the answers. Thank You all for your help

• blondie
    blondie

That's the theory. Actually, the JWs in other areas are expected to donate additionally to the WTS for that but it goes into a general fund, Worldwide Work.

The WTS holds tight to its money once it gets it. I'm sure they would loan money to a congregation (I don't think they can charge interest any more though). Congregations in this area have been "encouraged" to get a commercial loan rather than burden the WTS.

I'm just telling you that they don't usually carry insurance with a private carrier. Does the WTS do an end run and not provide money as a self-insurer? Sure, if they can do it legally. It depends on the laws regarding self-insurance in that state.

Mostly the insurance protects a congregation when JWs/or visitors injure themselves on the property.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit