Questions from readers: Did Adam and Eve ever ...

by Simon 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon

... fart? If so, did it stink? If so, did they still call the immediate area "paradise"?

Think about people's (and the WTS portrayal of) "perfect" people. Are they quite as perfect after a kebab and 8 pints?

I think perfection is over-rated myself ...

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Are we talking pre fruit tree or post fruit tree? Because Im sure their farts reeked to hi heaven post fruit tree. But pre fruit tree is most likely another story. Im sure that their bodies being the perfect manifistation of Gods heavenly form had little use for waist by product or methane emissions.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

With the human digestive system being what it is, if humans couldn't expel gasses they would explode. Like a seagull eating an Alka-Seltzer.

What? Why are you looking at me like that? None of yer damned business how I know about Alka-Seltzer and seagulls!

OldSoul

• Flash
    Flash

I'm sure the farted 'perfectly.' LOL

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Simon....You must bear in mind all the animals God created to bring to Adam to (1) name and (2) find a compatible mate. That's a lot of animals in Eden...and Adam surely must've had to deal with not only their flatulence but also their cumulative manure.

(For YECs out there who believe such things, can you imagine a brontosaurus breaking wind and leaving a gigantic pile next to the Tree of Life?)

• JH
    JH

I love "fart threads" and I love imperfect people. They are more fun to be around.

In my book, perfection equals dull.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Given the proliferation of seagulls around here, ya just know I'm gonna try the Alka-Seltzer thang, doncha?!!

• delilah
    delilah

Old Soul, you didn't grow up in southern Cali did you? My husband told me about the alka seltzer and seagull thing.....Yukkies.

Simon, I never gave that much thought before, but now that I have, I think Adam and Eve's bodies probably functioned much like ours do today. I just wonder if Eve was embarrassed when Adam heard her, pass wind.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Had my mother been there when the farts were expelled we would have read her saying " that was nothing to laugh about .. its natural. Next time run to the bathroom if you have to do such a thing. That is gross!"

• SadElder
    SadElder

For a hilarious look at the subject why not try - http://www.heptune.com/farts.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit