Where are all the people who failed the BIG TEST...?

by upside/down 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• upside/down
    upside/down

Isn't it odd that all the crucial contests in the Bible between good and evil....involved some human "keeping integrity"?

We know for example what Job did...

Were there any guys like Job that flat out FAILED?

And if so don't you think a "Devil the Satan" would have it heralded from the rooftops?

For that matter...if "Devil the Satan" really rules the world...Where's his version of events that has happened? I mean if he could convince a third of heaven to leave...he had to say SOMETHING. What did he say?

There's two (sometimes more) sides to every story... We've only heard one.

u/d (of the Proverbs 18:13 class)

p.s.- the scripture above says..."When anyone is replying to a matter before he here's it, that is foolishness on his part and a humiliation."....for all you lazy ones hehehe.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Thats a very good point about us only hearing one side of the story,I often thought that myself but never had the guts to mention it.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Now that I think about it...I think I know what the r& f Dub would say...

Yes...there are 6 billion (minus 6million Dubbies) that are living FAILURES.

The arrogance...the self-righteousness...the smugness....uggh!

I can't believe I ever belonged to, and propagate such crap.

u/d(of the learned my lesson the hard way class)

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

If you read fiction at all you might try reading a book by Anne Rice called Memnoch the Devil. It is a part of the vampire chronicles, but really the vampire aspect has little, if anything, to do with the story. I think she used the popularity of the vampire series to get this book out there. Her version of the devil's side of the story is in the book and it's an interesting theory/read.

Jackie

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

I am one of those people who failed the "big test". But, in my case at least, Satan doesn't have anything much to "crow" about; because, what's to crow about? It is difficult for me to envision any reasonable person taking great glee, pride, or sense of accomplishment over the fact that something was pulled out from under, or something put over on, a fairly ignorant being who's total awareness, strength, and power constitutes a teeny, tiny fraction of that of the big bad guy who is reputedly doing the testing. It would be like whooping it up because a professional football team won a stunning victory over a trio of Brownie Scouts. I know, I know, "But JC won. He passed the test." Yeah, maybe, but again, was there ever any real doubt?

I guess where I started to lose the test was when I started to connect the dots. A recent example of this is when I started asking why has there been over 2K years of pain and suffering to humanity AFTER Jesus supposedly died for all of us. It would seem that the legal case, the Job case, and every other case that could possibly have been initiated to, at, or around this Supreme Being was brought to successful completion with the "perfect" sacrifice. So what's the problem? The moment JC took it to the wall, there should have been a cosmic whistle and a booming voice saying, "Okay. That's it. Case closed. We win, you lose. All you people are dead. All the rest of you, it's out for ice cream! My treat!" Instead, we end up with 2000 more years of hapless, helpless, hurtful, short, little lives that can not, in any way shape or form, add anything to the cosmic equation.

Another dot sequence: In Matthew, Jesus describes the first marriage and supposedly says, "What God has yoked together, let no man pull apart." Now, it would seem safe to assume that the "no man" part refers to the husband as well, i.e. Adam. Such that, then when Adam got home that evening and found out what Eve had done, he had two basic choices: turn her in or follow suit. However, if he had turned her in, she would have died for her action, and he (Adam) would have been complicit in unyoking himself from Eve and thereby disobeying God. Afterall, there was no "till death do you part" in the original contract. His other choice was to stick with his wife as per the plan, and because the two were now "one flesh" they were in a mental/emotional state whereby "a daughter will leave her mother and a son leave his father"...but wait, who was Adam's father again? Oh, never mind about that. So, pretty much, Adam was fairly well screwed from the git go. Unfortunately, his rather gutless reply to God's question as to whether he had done the bad left no room for discussion, he just immediately and totally accepted that the guilt was on the human level. It was all his fault. Wow, where have I heard that one before?

Of course, I am looking at this thru the eyes of a romantic, rather than the eyes of "Christian". I want to believe that Adam did what he did out of a love for his wife and a need to protect her no matter what. As opposed to the well worn WT declaration that Adam did it because he wanted to prove that he didn't need God, that he could (oh, how telling this statement) "decide for himself".

One final recent dot matrix. One of the things I used to hear so often was how "Jehovah has always had an organization on the Earth that He works thru." I probably missed it because I was to busy failing the test, but can someone point out to me the organization that Ezekiel had? How about Isiah? Joseph? Abraham? Job, Jonah, John T. Baptiser? I kinda recall these guys as being rather singular individuals in OPPOSITION to the established organizations, but then, my memory must be weak, which is why I failed the Big Test.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Frogleg.....you passed.

u/d(of the he that is last will be first class)

• pratt1
    pratt1

I guess Lot's wife didn't pass the test either.

Salty little heifer!

• upside/down
    upside/down

So what if the majority of mankind "fails"...

This game was rigged from the get go...

u/d(of the doesn't play well with others class)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The JW Sovereignty issue is totally senseless.
    (The following may be a bit offensive for some JWs and Christians)
    Jehovah creates everyone and everything. Some little created angel says he should be ruler so 1/3 of the angels follow him. I don't think so.
    Same said angel claims that Jehovah God Almighty, the Creator, the Alpha and the Omega, the only One who has no beginning, the only One with the power to destroy every other being, has no right to be the ruler, so Jehovah says "you have a good point, let 20 billion people suffer for 6000 years just to prove whether of not you are right. In fact, we'll send Jesus to pay back the debt and then let everyone suffer for another 2000 years just for the hell of it". I don't think so.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    u/d(of the doesn't play well with others class)

Im just glad to see that this is back. I laugh every time. Then I imitate it because it is after all the sincerest form of flattery

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit