WBTS Loses Recent 2005 Federal District Court Case In Puerto Rico

by West70 25 Replies latest jw friends

• West70
    West70

• West70
    West70

Sorry to those folks expecting more info. I'm bumping this up so that as many XJWs as possible will see this. This is an ongoing issue from at least 2003 (possibly even before), and apparently noone spotted or reported it until now. This issue will be ongoing for some years to come, especially if the "facial" contests all fail, and WBTS is forced to fight all these singlely.

• West70
    West70

• West70
    West70

• observador
    observador

"Not sure from this thread whether this was en banc or a full court decision. If the U.S. Supreme Court hears an appeal though it will be another win for Jehovah's Witnesses.

The law violates many free speech activities including polling, political campaigning, petition drives, charitable solicitation, etc."

I'm glad you point that out, Eduardo. 'Cause that's exactly what I had in mind.
    Just look at that case WTBTS versus Stratton (I think) which that WTBTS won precisely for that reasons you pointed out above.

Observador.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

The phrase "controlled access" interests me. We live in a town where I think JWs may be prohibited from soliciting from door to door. In the four years we've been here I've seen them working the street twice, and the second time I think the cops ran them off. I wonder if "controlled access" can be construed to include homeowners' associations and not just places where there are gated communities or apartment buildings.

I like the peace and quiet, by the way. If they want to see me, they have to go out of their way to find me, and so far no one has in over a year.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit