Hallowe'en Pumpkin Carving

by Scully 24 Replies latest social humour

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    The year I carved that one, Halloween fell on a meeting night...I believe it was a Thursday. I left it on the front porch of the hall all lit up with a candle. Sat across the street and watched. Very entertaining.

Rachel, you are naughtier than I thought you were. I've always thought we could be good friends, but now that I've seen this ornery streak, I know it's true!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I need to pick up some pumpkins this weekend but I think we're gonna paint or use markers so they'll last longer

Josie,

If you do carve, slather Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on the cut parts and the inside of the carved out pumpkin. It helps keep the mold from setting in.

Andi

• Princess
    Princess
    Rachel, you are naughtier than I thought you were.

I'm just very very quiet about it.

I've always thought we could be good friends, but now that I've seen this ornery streak, I know it's true!

Totally!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks Andi, I'll keep that in mind. I'm also thinking about making little pumpkin people, it's in the lastest woman's mag I got - either Family Circle or Woman's Day

kinda like that

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I've always thought we could be good friends, but now that I've seen this ornery streak, I know it's true!

Totally!

Hey - I have an idea!

Wanna come to Dallas next weekend? Prisca (remember her?) is in town and we're having a party at my place on Friday. Maybe a cheap last minute fare? Just thinkin' out loud...

Andi

• delilah
    delilah

Mulan, and Princess, that pumpkin is totally hilarious.....I never would have thought about carving the WT symbol into a pumpkin,....hahahahahaha, that is priceless....so, what were some of the reactions??? Did you get any?

• ballistic
    ballistic

I wish us Brits could be as enthusiatic about halloween as the US. Maybe it's because we have guy fawlkes night and the associated fire works night so close. There's nothing like that, especially for the secret pyromaniac.

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

As a tribute to daddy, the kids want to make this pumpkin...

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Here is a couple of mine from last year. Hope they show up as this is my first attempt at posting a pic.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Mulan and daughter, youse two is trouble!

I'm a total loser and bought a plastic pumpkin who sits all by his lonesome on my porch. :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit