WERE THERE ANY RUMPUSES IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

This didn't happen in my hall, but I worked with the elder involved.

There was this newly baptised sister who was married to an unbeliever. She began to confide in an elder in the hall about her martial problems.

Guess what? They began an affair. The unbelieving husband found out about it and told the elders and the elder's wife.

He then came to the hall on sunday and punched out the elder. The punk ass elder didn't hit him back and basically was left in heap in the back of the hall before the other brothers could contain the brusier.

The elders wife accepted him back, but the unbeliever divoriced his wife.

No one was DFed only privately reproved.

The sister's children were extremely scarred by these events and are now outspoken against the religion.

• colorado5591
    colorado5591
    If you're familiar with Spanish culture, especially here in a border state,

Hispanics, by nature and culture are a very superstitious people. One such superstition called "mal ojo"(mal oh-ho) which translate into the "bad eye" or el ojo which means the eye. The belief is that an envious person can look at your children, your livestock or your fruit and vegetables or and harm them with envy. It is believed that if you touch the person or object you envy, you can prevent prevent the "Evil Eye" which might explain the random grabass in question.

On topic, I remember my Dad getting into fights with the brother who lived next door to us. He was a jerk! He shot and killed our dog Duke because he crossed the property line one night. He was a horrible horrible man and he was always trying to pick his boogers during the meeting. NO SHAME!!

• Es
    Es

I reckon i was in the dullest congos ever, we had nothing like this.

es

• badboy
    badboy

I THINK I MEAN RUCKUSES

• lawrence
    lawrence

A brawl at a KH building project - this big bully elder attacked a slightly framed soft spoken elder, knocked him to the ground, and punched him a few times on the ground (this had been brewing for weeks). The sisters arrived with a big lunch and a prayer was said, and the next day the 2 hugged at the Sunday meeting and made up (in front of everyone). They despised each other bitterly, but the show was great.

2 sisters got into a cat fight at a meeting one Thursday night over a single brother who was half the age of each of them. He stood there and laughed. They both went out in service that Saturday (in separate cars).

I had to physically restrain a roofer brother from "ripping the heart" out of another brother who had been bad mouthing him. They both had parts that night on the Service meeting. This continued later in the parking lot after the meeting. Me and my brother in law had to shove each one in their cars, and have them leave a few minutes apart.

"Love, joy, peace, mildness, kindness, goodness, long suffering, faith, and self control." OH YEAH, rock on!

• upside/down
    upside/down
    There was this newly baptised sister who was married to an unbeliever. She began to confide in an elder in the hall about her martial problems.

Guess what? They began an affair. The unbelieving husband found out about it and told the elders and the elder's wife.

He then came to the hall on sunday and punched out the elder. The punk ass elder didn't hit him back and basically was left in heap in the back of the hall before the other brothers could contain the brusier.

The elders wife accepted him back, but the unbeliever divoriced his wife.

No one was DFed only privately reproved.

The sister's children were extremely scarred by these events and are now outspoken against the religion.

This kinda crap happened all the time where I was in da troof...

I'da shot the bastard....in the nuts.

u/d(of the I got issues with adulterers class)

• joelbear
    joelbear

the biggest ruckus in our congo was after integration, which went fine until one of the young white brothers fell in love with one of the young black sisters. the blacks thought it was great, the whites freaked out. his father an elder was a major bigot, still is, i suppose.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

yeah,

one elders son had been letting other guys "rump us" for years while pio'ing.

to this day nobody can see why he wasn't DF'd. Oh yeah, and two elders were next door neighbours, despised each other, and were known all along the street for fighting like cat and dog. The wives were always screaming at each other over the fence about what their kids had been doing to each other. One elder fought like a cat with his wife, and made it up like a dog with a pio sister. This is all so like what the rest of the christian world does, the witlesses HAVE to be chrischuns.

HB

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Hampsterbait. Clarify. What do you mean? I'm a little lost.

• badboy
    badboy

Its seems some jws were `trophy hunters' because I heard from someone who was doing a study with me that I weas expected to sit next to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit