What is the reasoning behind this?

by damselfly 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

yep I grew up in it and I know it's nuts too

• Spectre
    Spectre

By definition, if you are a witness then you must do just that, witness to others. When I was reinstated and went out in service, sisters saying the prayer would have to cover their heads, I felt bad for them as they would have a paper towel on their head.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

towel head!!

• damselfly
    damselfly

It just seems so demeaning. You know, like woman you aren't worthy to pray for me!! But you can for sure go out and preach to people while I'm at work all day, Don't forget my supper and to clean the house.

Dams

• damselfly
    damselfly

Would the papertowel on the head somehow be making a mockery of the prayer?

Dams

• Spectre
    Spectre

Thats what I thought, but at the time, gotta go by the book and all.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

the Kleenix or paper towel was often done more out of mockery (rebellious spirit). Technically it was supposed to be a scarf or other type of actual head covering.
    What's surprising is that so many women stay in that frickin cult despite knowingly being demeaned.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    What's surprising is that so many women stay in that frickin cult despite knowingly being demeaned

I agree. My boyfriend was surprised by the emphasis (repeatedly) on headship during the wedding talk. After we left he said he could just imagine trying to pull the headship role over me and how well that would go over. Haha, he knows better.

Dams

• Soledad
    Soledad

Why do JW women have to wear a headcovering at certain times? A stupid rule not supported by any scripture. I never did this; several times I was asked to take out a group into field service but since I refused to put anything on my head, we couldn't go out. Yipee!

Are you considered inactive if you attend meetings but don't go out in field service? Yes!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

shush now woman. Know your place!!

Running and ducking for cover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit