What is the reasoning behind this?

by damselfly 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• damselfly
    damselfly

Why do JW women have to wear a headcovering at certain times?

Are you considered inactive if you attend meetings but don't go out in field service?

As you can probably tell I never really paid attention at the meetings (generally day dreamed them away)so I don't know what the answers are to these questions. Who can help?

Dams

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think it's funny that if a jw woman might have to wear a paper napkin on her head. lol I wonder why no enterprising jw person has thought of a business making nice headcovers for jw women. Oh yeah, that would take away from the preaching work

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I think it is meant to be a respect thing....whatever. Think they need to earn it, not place it as a knick knack on us gals heads.

• damselfly
    damselfly

So out of respect for a man they would cover their head while praying? Why doesn't the man just pray then?

And the women don't cover their heads when they pray privately do they? (OMG was that a rule too?!)

Dams

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Damsel:
    JW's believe a woman needs to wear some kind of head covering in order to reflect hre awareness that she is performing a function normally performed by her head (a male of some sort).
    Activity/inactivity is all about field service not meeting attendance. You could attend every meeting, be prepared and comment but if you don't report hours you don't get paid oops I mean you aren't considered a 'real' JW
    Uzzah

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol paid jws...that's funny

• damselfly
    damselfly
    Activity/inactivity is all about field service not meeting attendance. You could attend every meeting, be prepared and comment but if you don't report hours you don't get paid oops I mean you aren't considered a 'real' JW

Excellent. So I was inactive for 2 years prior to leaving.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

If a single woman prays on her own - no head covering (no headship arrangment applies)
    If a baptized male is in the room but due to circumstances cannot perform in role - woman must wear headcovering.
    For example if a single mother with a baptized minor son decides as head of household to pray or son is in other room, she must wear headcovering
    But no. Jw's aren't Pharisees at all.
    Uzzah

By edit - Or if a woman is performing a congregational duty that is supposed to be performed by a male (eg - conducting a service group meeting) she is mandated to wear a headcovering. Ugh all we need now are caves and dragging women by their hair back to our lairs. ugh

• damselfly
    damselfly
    JW's believe a woman needs to wear some kind of head covering in order to reflect hre awareness that she is performing a function normally performed by her head (a male of some sort).

So when would they have to cover their head? At meetings? at home?

Dams

*edit* I got post happy. Thanks for the reply above me

• damselfly
    damselfly

The whole thing is so bizarre to me. If the son was disfellowshipped would she still have to cover her head? And why would the baptized son have "headship" over his mother? Honestly if I hadn;t grown up in this I would think the whole is nuts. ( well I do any way )

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit